oh noes...

Heres the beef
-------------------

the damn thing doesnt hold. when i plug it in, its fine, but the slightist tug can pull it out, i think the strat could possibly be my favorite guitar (it is teh sex) and i will prolly own more in the future, are all the input jacks like this? if not, what do you think the problem is?
That you need to screw it in tighter???? Possibly???? Just get a screw driver...you get the idea...if youve done that then the screw threads are busted and you need to get a matchstick cut off the end, and put glue on them and put them in the holes. Once dry cut off to where body starts, and re screw the screw...
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
If you mean teh cable comes out easily then you just need to open up the back so you can see the other side of the input jack, and jsu tbend the piece of metal you can see sticking out slightly closer to the hole
"He remembered that they were but flesh, a passing breeze that does not return"
oh right....DOH! Im dumb, but he didnt say cable...yeh ^^mikbs right.
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
you mean the above or if you plug in a cable, and the cable isnt held well?
As well as doing what the other guy said and pushing the metal contact point inside closer to where the lead goes in, you could also bring the cable up through your guitar strap and round to the input jack, which is a good way of preventing the old stepping-on-the-lead-and-pulling-it-out-right-before-your-big-solo nightmare.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Quote by Strat_Monkey
As well as doing what the other guy said and pushing the metal contact point inside closer to where the lead goes in, you could also bring the cable up through your guitar strap and round to the input jack, which is a good way of preventing the old stepping-on-the-lead-and-pulling-it-out-right-before-your-big-solo nightmare.

well its not so stepping on it (and ive had a nightmare about that ) its a insy little tug will take it out, even playing sitting down, ill get it looked at, i dont wanna mess wit it...
Cheapest method would be just crossing the cable thru the strap like said.

Money investing method (which i prefer), is to change your input jack coz its worn out, change your cable to one of these http://planetwaves.com/Pcablesdetails.aspx?ID=1 coz it has overmolded connectors that wont slip, or better yet get both.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
my friends are cursed with crappy input jacks and I always gotta fix em. take out the little metal cover and theres a little clippy thing that the end of the patch cord touches(or should touch) and you just bend it closer to the patch cord
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?