Right well ive just started playing guitar and i can bend, slide,hammer on and pull off...
what should i learnnext (a song maybe?)
chords, scales, songs, power chords, barre chords just find free lessons on the internet and go through them
don't forget to have fun!!!

i suggest you learn a lot of chords and licks, like intros, themes, stuff like that. and of course entire songs.

when you want to get really serious then start thinking about scales and stuff
Pamposh’s final question before drifting into a state of transcendent ecstasy was, “But Master, if everything is an illusion, then why does anything matter?”

To which the master replied, “It may all be an illusion, but it’s a very real illusion.”
learn how to tap, that's hella fun. i would find a friend to teach you, reading it in lessons can be confusing. then learn the tapping part to eruption.

good job mate :-)
i lost my virginity. can i have yours?

Member #18 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join

One nation, under a fictitious almighty power
Depends on what your goals with guitar are. Do you want to casually strum a couple popular songs? Or do you want to be the lead guitarist in a metal band? Find out what you want, and we can go from there.
Right well i want to be able to play metal (lead) and keep as far away from pop punk as possible....
oh and thanks for the replys so fra guys...
Quote by kfc v lot
Right well i want to be able to play metal (lead) and keep as far away from pop punk as possible....
oh and thanks for the replys so fra guys...

1.Start off by playing different scales with a metronome, slowly building up the tempo. (For shred)

2. learn how to palm mute down picking, as well as palming alternate picking.

3. Learn how to tap, play legato, pich harmonic and trill very fast.

4. Get some solid gear and practice solos over backing tracks.

5. Build up stamina until you can play master of puppets by metallica, and you will be on your way!
Even though you are currently teaching yourself, I would recommend a teacher. If you get a good teacher, you will adance a lot faster and most likely have more fun with it. While teaching yourself you may hit points where you feel that you aren't advancing at all and you may become discouraged.
Thanks guys im still not sure how im gonna teach myself..... i would get a teacher but the nearest oners an hours drive away
Quote by kfc v lot
Thanks guys im still not sure how im gonna teach myself..... i would get a teacher but the nearest oners an hours drive away

Purchase some books- like

John petrucci's book

or speed mechanics for lead guitar by troy stetina