what happens when you cant turn your truss rod any tighter and your neck is still bowing??? just for reference.
Don't force it. I read online somewhere that whenever you adjust the truss rod you should de-tune the strings first. Then retune them afterwards.

But if you feel this problem is beyond your knowledge, find someone to help you, preferably a pro.

Good Luck!
Decrease your string gauge or downtune
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by buzzcut
what happens when you cant turn your truss rod any tighter and your neck is still bowing??? just for reference.

If that's the case, that means

BRING IT TO SUPERMAN

or a lutheir

otherwise use lower gauges or downtune
wait a couple of hours (overnight) then try again hopefully this time the truss rod will be lest resistant
x2 But if it isn't, don't force it. I'm having the same problem with my Strat.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
x2 But if it isn't, don't force it. I'm having the same problem with my Strat.

ouch. thank gosh i got cheap guitars doesnt matter if i break a truss rod
Yeah...and I have frets that need refinishing. At some point I'm going to say F it in the A and order a new neck from Warmoth. I should be able to get the Fender decals and all that for it since it is an American Standard Strat (a bit modified)
Hi, I'm Peter
hmmmm frets are they worn or are they oxidised? if its the latter thats easily fixed. but yeh new neck is what i need to for a mexi strat
i dont have this problem i just wanted to know what to do in case this happened.
yeh like said just leave it overnight for the truss rod to seat again and try again the next morning the truss rod should be easier to move
Yah, truss rod needs time to get used to the new setting as the neck is made of once living wood.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
Great way to end up with a twisted neck. The whole purpose of the truss rod is to counteract tension...
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
Great way to end up with a twisted neck. The whole purpose of the truss rod is to counteract tension...

you are always supposed to loosen the strings before a truss rod adjustment so the truss rod has time to straighten out without the tension of the strings on it.
No, you're actually supposed to adjust the truss rod with the guitar tuned to pitch & in the players position. You adjust it slowly until it's perfectly flat. Doing it the way you did (with the strings loosen) is the easiest way to end up breaking your neck. If you adjusted the truss rod TOO much, and you go to tune up you can end up with forward bow in the neck. Then you'll be posting about that.

The best way to adjust the truss rod is slowly, and with the strings tuned to pitch.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Quote by buzzcut
you are always supposed to loosen the strings before a truss rod adjustment so the truss rod has time to straighten out without the tension of the strings on it.

No. That's the point of adjusting the truss rod, unless you have supernatural powers, no,