does anybody know how to convert? if so could you explain or point me in the right direction.
The only way i can think is to figure out each note and write it out. Unless, if you download powertab and put in the tab, it will do the notation for you.
just figure out wat note it is then write it down :s ........
as long as u know which note goes where on the stave it shouldnt be too hard to do
WILL!!
the only thing is like say I have an A an the staff how do i know whether it is the A on the 1st string or second or ect.
Quote by chobbsy
The only way i can think is to figure out each note and write it out. Unless, if you download powertab and put in the tab, it will do the notation for you.
Be careful with this, though. PowerTab defaults to either a sharp or a flat (I can't remember which), regardless of what the key signature calls for. In other words, the sixth string, fourth fret is either G# or Ab, depending on key signature. PowerTab, however, doesn't care. It will notate it as either G# or Ab every time (again, I can't remember which). This is very annoying. If anyone knows how to force PowerTab to correctly notate according to key signature, please enlighten me!
All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Dr. Thomas Fuller (British physician, 1654-1734)
Quote by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.
My version of powertab doesn't do that. If you leave it with no key sig (C maj) it will use sharps, but if you use a key sig (the button with three b's (bbb)) it will only use accidentals when necessary. Maybe you need a newer version? Mines 1.7

Anyway, If you don't have powertab or a similar program, I think you just have to figure out the note indicated on the tab and work out where It goes on the staff (stave? I'm confused). Of course, I'm assuming you can read standard notation and you know what notes are where on the guitar.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Quote by Ænimus Prime
My version of powertab doesn't do that. If you leave it with no key sig (C maj) it will use sharps, but if you use a key sig (the button with three b's (bbb)) it will only use accidentals when necessary. Maybe you need a newer version? Mines 1.7
I'm sure that must be it. I've had this version for a good while. Thanks for the tip!
Anyway, If you don't have powertab or a similar program, I think you just have to figure out the note indicated on the tab and work out where It goes on the staff (stave? I'm confused).
One is a staff, two or more are staves.
All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Dr. Thomas Fuller (British physician, 1654-1734)
Quote by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.