k my problem is-> for school i really REALLY want to play bass in music class, but i'm no the only one, there is a hell of a lot of competition. Are music teacher is really cool, so he like lets us each try it out before he chooses who gets to play bass, usually two or three ppl out of 6 or 8...

i have no bass, no money to rent or obtain a bass in any way

i thought i would just pretend that my guitar was a bass by ignoring the two high strings, so i could learn some cool bass songs....

am i hopeless? yes i am. but help me ????
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
only one answer.
SEVEN.
NATION.
ARMY.
hhaha oops i posted before i read the thread. i thought you wanted a song to PLAY infront of people without a bass player.
ummm maybe trying learning breed-nirvana but only use single notes instead of chords.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
lets be honest theres not much chance.. maybe just try and learn your favourite song on bas and hope for the best gd luck m8
Money by pink floyd or The Joker by steve miller band
...:::The Master Chief :::...
lol i'm trying to do that chob, but it's rather hard adjusting to a guitar, i mean i've played a bass before, but that was before i got all serious with guitar.... now i'm screwed up when i try using my fingers to play
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
Oh don't worry about using your fingers to play. I started on guitar and learned how to play bass but for the most part I play bass with a pick.
I dont know what kind of music your school band plays, but I do think knowing how to play scales and walking bass lines might give you an edge over knowing how to play a few bass lines from songs....then go off and play a song or 2.
Gear

EB MusicMan JP6 - Pearl White
Gibson LP Studio - Silverburst
Schecter C-1 Classic - Quilted Blue
Schecter Banshee (x2) - Marine Blue
Taylor GS-Mini
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Half Stack
Line 6 HD500
Quote by ce12872001
Oh don't worry about using your fingers to play. I started on guitar and learned how to play bass but for the most part I play bass with a pick.

thing is my teach insists on using fingers

Quote by Ljk825
I dont know what kind of music your school band plays, but I do think knowing how to play scales and walking bass lines might give you an edge over knowing how to play a few bass lines from songs....then go off and play a song or 2.

erm it's like a band, like last time we played little mermaid, and i didn't get bass, so i played tenor, it's like a classical orchestra-type band, but they use electric basses for convenience

and yeah i was hoping that by the end of this month i'd learn as much guitar theory and wow them with my skills

and then i would jsut apply the theory to only the top strings, but still it'd be cool to have a couple riffs ready thanx for you help guys

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build