Hey everyone, I'm looking at picking up a ... not so crappy beginner bass (as I have now) from Musician's friend at some point in time.

I looked around for something affordable + worthwhile, and the Schecter Stiletto 4 String(possibly the studio version) really looks nice to me. Has anyone else tried this instrument? Would it be worth the money? $599 on Musician's Friend.

PT
Schecterman's Accomplice, of the Schecter Stiletto Players Will Rule The World Club. PM Fett13 or Your41Plague12 to join.

EQ:
Schecter Stiletto Extreme 5
Yamaha RBX170
damn, it looks nice. i havent played one but those ratings with that price means something
that's an awesome lookin bass man, it should be very high quality, and i have a schecter C-1 Elite, and it is an extremely good guitar, so it should be worth your money, mine was worth every penny and then some
Yeah, I've heard a lot of good words on Schecters. I'm going to look around town , see if any are around to try out before I buy. Id on't even know when I'm going to buy yet , heh.
Schecterman's Accomplice, of the Schecter Stiletto Players Will Rule The World Club. PM Fett13 or Your41Plague12 to join.

EQ:
Yamaha RBX170
I have played the four string version and it is great. What version are you looking at? Custom,Elite,Studio? I have a Stiletto Studio 5 and it is great. I would suggest getting the Stiletto Studio 4.
Holiday, Boulevard Of Broken Dreams And American Idiot's Solos!!!! Those Are Soooo Good!!!
greenday1182
Yeah, I was looking at the studio, lookswise, and hopefully playwise, it seems the best.

I hope so!

EQ:
Yamaha RBX170
I was kind of interested in why the 4 string has fret markers and the 5 does not (studio, that is) . I wonder if the 5 string would be worth the extra money.. Probably not yet for me anyways.

EQ:
Yamaha RBX170
Anything by Schecter is a good buy, even moreso with the Stiletto Series. I ahve the Elite-4, and I love it. I actually prefer it to the Studio for a few reasons. First, lookst. I dont muh care for the color options on the studio, but eh, to each his own. Second, I prefer the S-tek bridege to the diamond custom. It just seems a little more stable. Third, I really couln't find much use for the extra band of EQ on the bass. I just don't need it, I do perfectly fine with two. Outside of those few things, the Elite and Studio are pretty much the same, both great sounding, and definately worth the money. You should at least try out the Elite before you make the decision to see if you, like me, don't have any use for the extra EQ or maybe prefer the bridge. If you still like the studio after that, go for it. Play both a 4 and 5 string too. If you need the extra string, go for it. If you're more comfortable without it, get the 4.

OH, and as for the inlays, you can get either offset dots fretted or no inlay lined fretless on the studio. On the Schecter website when you view the Studio-4, you see the offset/fretted, if you go to the 5, you see the no inlay fretless. You should be able to get it either way through musician's friend.
Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.
Thanks That is going to help me a LOT. Heh.

EDIT: Holy crap! I didn't even see the Custom! Same price, but in Natural Satin... still Mahogany, w/ gold hardware! Whoa!

I think I'm leaning towards the Custom.. possibly the elite, I don't need to spend the extra money on the Studio. Maybe someday I'll get a studio , but not this time.

EQ:
Yamaha RBX170
Last edited by Past-time at Aug 15, 2006,
I wish applehead would come into this thread. I know he has a Schecter Custom, I want his opinion on it.

EQ:
Yamaha RBX170
I have a Schecter Diamond series 4 string bass....I bought it two years ago for $699...I haven't put it down since...I have basses by Yamaha, Washburn, Fender and Warwick and I like the Schecter better than all of them. The neck is a dream, very playable. I use it with a Hartke combo and a Mesa Boogie stack and it sounds beautiful either way. It's also a great looking bass.
My opinion is that Scecter makes some of the best quality guitars and basses in the market.
I've got the Custom 5 and it's a great bass. It's capable of really sweet tones, from something really punchy to something really deep and smooth. I'll see if I can't find my old band's demo that I used it on and post some clips.

And the natural satin finish is, in my opinion, the most beautiful guitar ever made. Absolutely gorgeous.

Edit: My opinion is somewhat biased because I've got a couple other Schecters too (C-1+ and a C7 Hellraiser). Quality company (although the acoustic guitars leave something to be desired, but that's a story for another day )
I miss Morbid, the metal forum sucks now
Quote by rockybo
I've got the Custom 5 and it's a great bass. It's capable of really sweet tones, from something really punchy to something really deep and smooth. I'll see if I can't find my old band's demo that I used it on and post some clips.

And the natural satin finish is, in my opinion, the most beautiful guitar ever made. Absolutely gorgeous.

Edit: My opinion is somewhat biased because I've got a couple other Schecters too (C-1+ and a C7 Hellraiser). Quality company (although the acoustic guitars leave something to be desired, but that's a story for another day )

Yeah, it would be nice to hear those clips. Tone= important, so I better find out what it sounds like before I get it

EQ:
Yamaha RBX170