Poll: Of Montreal: what do you think?
Poll Options
View poll results: Of Montreal: what do you think?
never heard of em
23 11%
no opinion
6 3%
they suck.
11 5%
they're alright, i've heard better
30 14%
they're pretty good =]
67 32%
DUDE THEY'RE AMAZING
71 34%
Voters: 208.
Page 1 of 4
YEah they rock. The Sunlandic Twins + Bonus EP and Santanic Panic are two great albums.
Nickee Coco and the Invisible Tree is a pretty odd (but still good) song
The Bishop of Zeppelinism
PM The Heartbreaker to join
The Sunlandic Twins is okay. 'Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games' is so fantastically awesome though. I always get the urge to play maracas when i hear that song.
never heard of them are they newer?
Rap --- Greenday

"life floats in a moving stream and you have
to move with it or it leaves you."
Satanic Panic is amazing! Cherry Peel and Sunlandic Twins are OK, but for some reason, I simply couldn't stand Coquelicot Asleep in the Poppies...

Have to be in a certain mood to listen to them though...
I love Satanic Panic. I didn't like The Gay Parade, but I only listened to half of it once while on UG, so that doesn't count for much.
yeah they are good. I like their new stuff and their old stuff. Their new stuff seems to be more dance friendly i guess.
The best song will never get sung
The best life never leaves your lungs
So good, you won't ever know
I never hear it on the radio
Can't hear it on the radio
I have a number of random songs by them and they are quite catchy....I just dled The Gay Parade, but one of the tracks is being ****ty and not dling all they way and it won't restart or delete, so I haven't listened to it yet.
Sunlandic Twins FTW.
The Proverbial Mind Spread of The Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Originally posted by Draken
we're not nerds thank you very much i have a very respectable 40k imperial guard army.
gahh the sunlandic twins is the bestttttttttt i love satanic panic in the attic too

wraith pinned to the mist is my profile song on myspace =]

Yeah. The rumors are true. I'm a twat.
Satanic Panic In The Attic is their definitive album. Anyone who hasn't heard the song "Don't Ask Me To Explain" needs to download it right now. I thinks it's off one of their early albums and it's the greatest song Weezer never wrote.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Ok so anyone heard the new track by them "Suffer For Fashion"? Its amazing....I've listened to it on repeat for nearly the last hour
I've loved them Of Montreal since The Pickups (Glenn) got me into them somehow...

I did?

Anyway, just about to listen to the new album.

Great band.
Sunlandic twins is very good.

Ive yet to hear anything else but ill try and seek something out.
Enjoy your worries, you may never have them again.

The Books.
Ehh, I like them. I have Sunlandic Twins and Coquelicot Asleep in the Poppies. Creative albums, to say the least.
The Early Four Track Recordings

Titles of tracks:

1. Dirty Dustin Hoffman Needs A Bath
2. Dustin Hoffman Gets A Bath
3. Dustin Hoffman Thinks About Eating The Soap
4. Dustin Hoffman Scrubs Too Hard And Loses Soap
5. Dustin Hoffman Does Not Resist Temptation To Eat The Bathtub
6. Dustin Hoffman's Wife Comes Home
7. Dustin Hoffman's Wife Seems Suspicious About The Absent Tub
8. Dustin Hoffman Feigns Ignorance Of Missing Bathtub (There Is Only One R In Ignorrance)
9. Dustin Hoffman's Wife Calls In Detective To Dust For Porcelain Particules On Dustin Hoffman's Tongue
10. Dustin Hoffman's Tongue Taken To Police Lab Where It Is Used As Toilet Paper And Reading Material While On The Toilet (Naughty)
11. Dustin Hoffman Offers Lame Possible Explanation For Missing Bathtub (Front Cover)
12. Dustin Hoffman's Wife Makes A Sarcasic Remark, Cuts The Head Off Of A Duck, Places It Where The Tub Was And Begins To Groan (Growl)
13. Dustin Hoffman Becomes Indignant And Wets Himself
14. Dustin Hoffman Quits Bathroom And Climbs A Tree
15. Dustin Hoffman's Children Enter The Bathroom
16. Dustin Hoffman's Children Don't Enter The Bathroom

hehe!
They're pretty good. I haven't heard too much stuff by them. My band was supposed to play a show with them but previous commitments forced us to cancel
It's the perfect time of year somewhere far away from here.

UG's Barenaked Ladies nerd
Anybody know if theres a version of In A Room Full of Wonders a Black Pygmy Horse's Pops Up Like a Periscope thats longer than 1:11? I cant seem to find one but the ending of my version sounds completely cut out.
ahh I'm so stoked for Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer?
it's going to be amazing
i love Eros' Entropic Tundra...it's so relevant sometimes, it almost hurts...

Disconnect the Dots and Wraith Pinned to the Mist are great songs as well. i heard they're a hell of a trip live as well.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I like:

Phobos (he oozes cool)

Misfits and AC/DC Covers + original recordings (jazz/punk, hardcore, "shredish").
http://advancederror.dmusic.com
I have to say that I didn't really enjoy much of the last album, but this latest one is really good. The only quibble I have about it is the unreadable font on the covers.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Of Montreal is my favorite band. The best words to describe them would be "ecstasy," or "euphoria." The new album will be called Skeletal Lamping, which is a lyric on "Faberge Falls For Shuggie."
hmm i bet i answered not even good for this a long time ago. But yeah i love them. If i Faltered Slightly Twice has to be my favorite song followed by Bunny Ain't No Kind of Rider.

Notwithstanding the fact that Kevin Barnes is a hottie, they're amaaaaaazing.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
i think they forfeited their ability to be called "indie" when they redid their lyrics for two different outback commercials. that's really a new level of selling out that i've never heard of.

and i actually didn't like them before that either. i got the sundlantic twins and the first song was kinda catchy, but the rest was just boring
Quote by Blue Motion
i think they forfeited their ability to be called "indie" when they redid their lyrics for two different outback commercials. that's really a new level of selling out that i've never heard of.

and i actually didn't like them before that either. i got the sundlantic twins and the first song was kinda catchy, but the rest was just boring

They used the money from the commercial for touring.
my goal in life is to see of montreal
i keep missing them when they come around
blah
Of Montreal is delightful.

I'm really liking their new-ish album.

"Cato As A Pun" is brilliant.
Quote by bah humbug

i'm not sure what your point is.
Yeah, I like Of Montreal. Not my FAVORITE band or anything, but they have some really fun, catchy songs.
I think everyone has to admit that "Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games" is probably one of the catchiest songs ever written. But yeah, their pretty good, I don't personally have a ton of music by them, but I like what I have heard of them.
On the way to god don't know
my brain's the burger and my heart's the coal
Quote by Blue Motion
Quote by bah humbug

i'm not sure what your point is.

the point is that they used the money that the commercial provided them with to make their shows visual spectacles
and from what i have heard they all have been...even (or maybe especially) the one where kevin showed of his special parts
Page 1 of 4