I need an octave pedal to play the intro to Seven Nation Army. I recently tried the Boss OC-3 at Guitar Center. It didn't seem to get low enough. I usually buy Boss pedals, but, I don't think that this one will do the trick. Any suggestions?
did you have it in the right tuning? it needs to be open A i think
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Okay, I tried open a tuning. That seems to work fine for the chorus, but, unless, I'm wrong the fifth and sixth string stay the same. From the tab I found, the intro is played on the fifth string. I stiil need an octave pedal that will get me close on the intro. Any ideas?
I remember reading that Jack uses a Whammy(Digitech) pedal
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
Quote by lookie here

I was at Guitar Center earlier and the accessories guy said the same thing and I checked one out. $199.00. I'll have to wait a week or so to get paid. Thanks for the info. It was a great help.
I have a whammy... thats what i use to play it... tis the single greatest pedal i own.

Oh, and if u get it, you want to set it 1 octave down to play Seven Nation Army
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
why dont you just get a bassist to play it? that's what my band does when we play our cover of seven nation army.
My Gear:

Epi Les Paul Standard
Fender 48th Street Strat
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Martin Koa Acoustic
Some crappy unnamed bass
Sure, that would work and we have a good bassist. I guess, I just want to show off a little.
Quote by lookie here

i think jack uses a danelectro suck pedal

this post was pretty pointless
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
Quote by fireman464
Sure, that would work and we have a good bassist. I guess, I just want to show off a little.

With Seven Nation Army?
^^ that would be sig-worthy if there weren't so many quotes involved
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
Quote by fireman464
Thanks for the advice. I will be buying one next week.

Lucky... i had to wait like 5 months for my Whammy...
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
sorry to jack the thread but what exactly does the Whammy do? i heard the soundsamples and have the basic grasp of it, does it replace the wah is or is it like a totally different effect?
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
there's a pitch shifter in it i think, it can do a divebomb [replacing a trem.] and other stuff

i think it's a total waste of money, but you have to check it out yourself
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Quote by dimebag_love
there's a pitch shifter in it i think, it can do a divebomb [replacing a trem.] and other stuff

i think it's a total waste of money, but you have to check it out yourself

Not a waste of money if you want to do whammy techniques with a Gibson Les Paul and not have to hideously disfigure it with a FR.

I bought one used for 80 bucks for last christmas. I got lucky.

But if you want an octave pedal, try the POG, it sounds a little electronic, but it kicks ass.

Plus Jack White uses it.
Quote by red star
"If its good enough for gay cowboys, its god enough for you."

Quote by Dyaxe666
you guys are all idiots! SRV played a schecter C1 Blackjack thrugh a metalmaster into a Krankensteing, GOD!
^^ i wouldn't get it new, only used, but if i just wanted to use a les, and could get one used, yeah, i'd do it
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
I forgot to mention something.

It sucks tone like a mother ****er. Put it in your effects loop if your lucky enough to have one (Im not, but thats the price you pay for vintage gear).
Quote by red star
"If its good enough for gay cowboys, its god enough for you."

Quote by Dyaxe666
you guys are all idiots! SRV played a schecter C1 Blackjack thrugh a metalmaster into a Krankensteing, GOD!