As you can see, I've lost whatever ambition/writing abilities I had. I'm still good for a return crit, though .

p.s. this looked much cooler typed on my graphing calculator.

The farther away it gets
The more I realize it's just the feeling I miss
And it was never worth waiting
For you to come sit with me again

Days that wouldn't end
In a year that still won't exist
But the farther away it gets
The closer I need it
-Landon
Last edited by Vicious Sid at Aug 14, 2006,
Quote by Vicious Sid
As you can see, I've lost whatever ambition/writing abilities I had. I'm still good for a return crit, though .

p.s. this looked much cooler typed on my graphing calculator.

The farther away it gets
The more I realize it's just the feeling I miss
And it was never worth waiting
For you to come sit with me again
Meh, good line here, the flows rocks.

Days that wouldn't end
In a year that still won't exist
But the farther away it gets
The closer I need it
Good here too.

WOw, i dont know why i wasted time with a full crit lol, anyway, nice job overall, maybe extend it a bit, i can see this being a great song.

can you check out mine? the first link in my sig.
thx muxh
It's pretty cool. It gets the emotion you want to portray the most across which is always good.

Feel free to crit any in my sig
Good, short and sweet.

But I feel that you could have given a stronger ending instead of re-stating the same idea. Either show it in a stronger way or change it so that the piece builds up to that conclusive feeling.

That's pretty much all I can say with such a short piece. It was... nice :P
hmm, I am dead exhausted right now but to me this seems like a very good piece here. I paticularly like how you pulled off the abstract so well without making it seem like complete proverbial bull**** like most people do (me included). Nice off and internal rhyming too, very well done. This is probably the best a poem on this subject and length can get and props for writing on the graphing calculator!

I agree with your avatar by the by, and if you wanna: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=415442
This isn't dead yet.
I must say I do like the simplicity, short and sweet definetely. Yet it is effective, indeed, why waste words if you can say the same thing with less? Reminded me slightly of Morrissey.
Take a peek at mine if you are returning: 'My First Love Song' - in my signature.

Alex
"You can never quarantine the past."
This is a really cute little piece. Not your best, but I like it lots. Works well as such a short work as well

I don't really have mcuh to say about it
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
Landon, we haven't met properly, yet I feel compelled to beat the hell out of you for this one.

You took a nice piece and hung an AWESOME title on it. I was disappointed when that level your sardonic wit didn't appear again in the body of the work. Severe anti-climax because of that title.

That's all I have for you. No return crit would have been expected, even if I had a current work.

Cheers,
SYK
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.