So, I bought a Ibanez RG120 today, i played it, broke it in for a few hours , then decided i was going to put new strings on it, not a problem, changed strings countless times before. except this time, the bridge is standing way up , and I have no idea how to remedy it..
any info would be greatly appreciated
If your using heavier than usual strings that's probably done it. When you change strings, you should drop tune depending on how much tension they have. To fix this, open up your back plate and either add another spring or screw your existing springs further into the body.
tremelo bridges are usually setup for 9 gauge strings, a higher gauge could be the problem
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
"Member of The Straight Edge Club. PM danzig-_- to join."
Tighten the spring claw in the tremolo cavity. Screw it in towards the body.

What guage strings did you put on it?

Also, you may want to add more springs in the trem cavity.
heavy tops, so the top is 11s, bottoms 10. i play alot of metal, so they're essential. what do you mean by the claw?
Quote by vivalasoad883
heavy tops, so the top is 11s, bottoms 10. i play alot of metal, so they're essential. what do you mean by the claw?

Flip your guitar over... take off the big back plate. See springs connected to a metal thing that is screwed into your guitar's body? That's the claw. Those screws can be turned to go into the body of your guitar MORE, therefore putting more pull on your springs and consequentially on your strings, and therefore leveling out your bridge. Unlock the locking nut on your headstock, and adjust the claw screws just a little bit each time (1/4 a turn each). Retune your guitar and check the bridge. You want the bridge to be parallel to the body.
Either drop tune the strings you are using or get a lighter gauge, tightening the springs can cause problems later.