Hey, I've been playing guitar for 5 months now and I can only play songs that are relatively easy to play ie. incubus-drive rhcp- dani california. I've been trying to learn the solo in ACDC's back in black and I'm having trouble trying to learn it. Is it too advanced for 5 months of playing or do i just plain suck?
Quote by Masamune
Hey, I've been playing guitar for 5 months now and I can only play songs that are relatively easy to play ie. incubus-drive rhcp- dani california. I've been trying to learn the solo in ACDC's back in black and I'm having trouble trying to learn it. Is it too advanced for 5 months of playing or do i just plain suck?

Alot depends on how much you practice. You could play once a week and your level would seem different than if you played for 5 hours a day.
Quote by captaincool
no your doing a good job

Keep at it man.... it took me a long time to learn a few songs (i don't play 8 hours a day for 8 days a week like some. I have a job and a life). Guitar, like most things worth while in life, take time and effort.
Just keep practicing and playing. You'll eventually be able to do it. Try to nail the basics down before attempting anything else.

BB
ಥ_ಥ
Quote by arsonite
Just keep practicing and playing. You'll eventually be able to do it. Try to nail the basics down before attempting anything else.

BB

Fighting for peace, is like screwing for virginity

Screw you Waldo, go find yourself!!!!
dont judge yourself after only 5 months. never be satisfied with your skills, always strive to improve them. it took me ages to learn how to play chords and power chords and stuff. everyone learns at their own pace, you cant be angus young in just 5 months. keep at it
Quote by arsonite

BB

Definately, and I think you're one of the people on here that go to my school? (SRHS) Hang out at the guitar club when that starts up again, great people there willing to help
Don't worry, I tried to play You Shook Me All Night Long at that level, and I couldn't. Just keep going for a while and try to come back to it.
Just play whatever you want to play. If you are trying to learn a solo and you can't nail it but you are having fun, then keep at it. Guitar is all about fun and not how good you are. Just worry about having fun.
Quote by jmac72187
Just play whatever you want to play. If you are trying to learn a solo and you can't nail it but you are having fun, then keep at it. Guitar is all about fun and not how good you are. Just worry about having fun.

lol i cant play drive and ive been playing for a year...or its just that im too lazy to try...:/
anyway ur pretty good and who cares if u suk its just for fun anyway
Dont ever think anything is too advanced, if you practice it enough, you'll get it.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Just keep trying at the songs, and practice a lot more. Also practice good techniques when you do practice."Practice does not make perfect, PERFECT practice makes perfect."-my old football coaches saying.
"No man ever won a war by dying for his country, he did so by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."