Im learning how to play Symphony of Destruction. Right now, my settings are for WALK by pantera and thats a bit too deeeep and idno...

So wat should I set it on?

Gain
Volume
Middle
Treble
Bass
Whats your setup?

JACKSON

AND YNGWIE UNLEASHES THE FOCKING FURY ON YOU FOR SPELLING HIS NAME WRONG!!!!!!
Uhm.... setup?

If by that you mean guitar n amp...

Its a cheap Epiphone Gibson Special with Amp... its a start package. Got it for 200 instead of 300. 200 was all I had lol. Sounds nice to me tho.
The best sound you can get with that amp is the sound of it crashing into the pavement as it's dropped from a twenty story building.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
Stop being an ignorant bastard and start realizing that you can get a fantastic amp for three hundred bucks. That is, if you have a job. Good on'ya. You won't get a SoD sound from something like that, though. IF you really want it, just crank up all of the settings.
Im such an ignorant bastard. Yea its not like I dont have to support a family or anything like that. God forbid.

And thank you captain obvious for repeating what we already have accomplished. My amp and guitar sucks. Now, the only good part about your reply that didnt make you look like a complete asshole was the last part that was actually relevant to the topic.

Feb 2005? Pretty bad attitude for a vet.
I'd love to sit here and argue with your misguided logic and the lack thereof, but I have business sticking my weiner in a meat grinder.

Edit - It's in my nature to be a prick. Try not to cry about it, lovely.
Quote by God Am
Stop being an ignorant bastard and start realizing that you can get a fantastic amp for three hundred bucks. That is, if you have a job. Good on'ya. You won't get a SoD sound from something like that, though. IF you really want it, just crank up all of the settings.

Shut the fuck up you dickhole. If you're going to bash then dont even post.

Threadstarter: Lots of everything; Gain, highs, mids, lows..etc.
Chill out guys ...

Gibson,

Start with gain maxed out. Volume, where its audible, and the bass, mid and treble at 12 'o clock positions. Play the cd/mp3 of the song and tweak away.

I've seen that megadeth's sound can be acheived by lowering the mid a little around 9'o clock position, treble around 3 'o clock and bass around 3'o clock. but again, "tweak-away" is your answer. Also, no one can predict if you can or will acheive the exact sound since it depends a lot on your gear and your skill level. But we've all been there, so dont worry what anyone says.

rock on !

Grrr:
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1936 Lead 2x12 Cab
'06 Jackson SLSMG
Dean Hardtail Select
ISP Decimator
Planet waves tuner
Weber Mini Mass
Ibanez Delay & Chorus

time is like a fuse; short and burning fast -- James Hetfield
LOL at Kurdt

I pretty much have everything cranked besides Middle now.... gettin there. Itll be good enough for just learnin.

Skill level.. been playin for about 7 days lol. I am a very fast learner tho And in these past 7 days my brains gonna explode from all the stuff Ive learned.
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Shut the fuck up you dickhole. If you're going to bash then dont even post.

Goodness! It looks like somebody hasn't gotten laid in quite some time. Forget to take your medication? In any case, I didn't bash. I just felt like saying his amp sucked. He just retaliated in a manner which I viewed as offensive.
^ Laid? About 3 hours ago actually. And ripping on someones amp makes you feel cool dont it.

Whatever. Im leaving this thread so have all the fun you want.
Saying I dont have 1000 bucks is offensive? Whoa.... Id hate to see anyone call you handsome.
Im sorry not all of us have 1000 bucks to spend on a nice guitar and amp.

Unless your a foreigner, that's brilliant sarcasm.
And Im supposed to believe you have 1000 dollars to spend whenever you want? Do you live alone or with your parents? Sounds like you must.

Gee, try supporting a family? If you do, you must have a Great job then.
OP: You're NOT going to be getting sounds like that as easy as you'd like... General metal distortion can be achieved with full gain and highs, cut mids and med-high lows. Tweak away to your liking.

Don't look for someone elses sound, make your own.
There is a settings thread that more than likely has a Megadeth tone setting. This should've been the first reply that the threadstarter should have gotten.