Page 1 of 2
I'm 15, and just started to get into metal after listening to Metallica, and i was wondering if people could reccommend some metal bands for me (i know that there is already a metal reccommendation thread, but its so big and confusing, and i was wonderin if people could give reccommendations based on what i already like - Metallica, Trivium, Iron Maiden and Slayer. I'm not so keen on stuff like Cradle of Filth though)
Patriarch of Zeppelinism - PM TheHeartbreaker to join
hm some good metal bands would be Avenged Sevenfold, Dragonforce, and Atreyu. Theres more but thats all i could think of off the top of my head. Avenged Sevenfold's 2nd album "Waking the Fallen" is more hardcore metal screamo than there 3rd album though.
Yes I am from Hawaii.

It's not really a great place to live..
..but fun if you're a tourist!
FoTB Duration: June 12, 2008 - July 12, 2008
It's good to be back guys.
^ Oh dear.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Iron maiden. Not sure if they;re metal, but great band anyway
"He remembered that they were but flesh, a passing breeze that does not return"
try this ( http://pandora.com/ ), just type in metallica or some other bands you like, it will reccomend stuff you might like and if you click on the badn name will let you hear samples from all of their songs and find out about their albums and the suchlike.
songs: Left Behind choices
Quote by MadClownDisease
Well I can top you all, I've done my mum, my step brother AND a cat. As well as quite a few corpses.
all of your replies are sad. . .you dont know if iron maiden is metal?. . .and slipknot and stone sour plz plz plz tell me your joking

lamb of god
shadows fall
black dahlia murder
all that remains
mastodon
pantera
superjoint ritual
down
black label society
personally i think andrew wk is sort of power/party metal
megadeth
symphany x
children of bodom (all sounds the same to me now)
as i lay dying is okay
anthrax
also check out www.bnrmetalpages.com i think, just go through and look for things you think you might dig
setup:
Jackson ke-3
Peavey supreme 100

Quote by Archaon
if I ever see a greenday kid throwing up the horns while listening to greenday, I'm going to have to kick his ass. I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to throw up the horns, just not to greenday.
1) Metal Recomendation Thread . It is located above the main posts.it is called "Sticky"
2) If I had to recomend smth , that would be "Get the fudge out of here and delete your post"
3) Post 3 made me laugh and get pissed
4) Nothing else to add.. Good flaming.
5) Sorry for the flaming but there are some rules here which you should have read.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by =ToM=
Trivium

Quote by Flyingmojo
all of your replies are sad. . .you dont know if iron maiden is metal?. . .and slipknot and stone sour plz plz plz tell me your joking

lamb of god
shadows fall
all that remains
as i lay dying is okay

Quote by Tadely
System of a Down . Great Band.

Quote by ALFRED123456789
Killswitch Engage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really Good Metal Band.........good Vocals..........crazy Guitar Riffs........hardcore Drumming.....what More Could U Ask For.................and Also

Unearth!!!!!!

Quote by SuperRitsu
hm some good metal bands would be Avenged Sevenfold, Dragonforce, and Atreyu. Theres more but thats all i could think of off the top of my head. Avenged Sevenfold's 2nd album "Waking the Fallen" is more hardcore metal screamo than there 3rd album though.

Quote by BloodBrotherXxX
Korn, Slipknot, and Stone Sour are wikked. You should give them a listen.

You all fail at life.
God damn it. Cant you guys read the rules? jesus tap dancing christ..
The first thing you should have done when you entered this particular forum was to read the fucking rules.. What did you do ? You didnt read the rules and you post non-metal bullshit in a metal forum...
Please , dont do it again , it disturbes all the metallers in this forum and the ones who made the rules..

Now get the fudge out of here or delete the thread cause it belongs in the rec thread
Last edited by Necrolust at Aug 14, 2006,
WHAT THE FUCKING HELL???

All the jackasses converged on this thread and spewed their bullshit all over the fucking floor!
ok, thanks to the people who gave serious replys to the post, and those of you who put a link to the metal reccommendation thread haven't read the post, because i said that the list was too big to go through all the bands, and that i wanted reccommendations based on what i already liked
Patriarch of Zeppelinism - PM TheHeartbreaker to join
Quote by =ToM=
ok, thanks to the people who gave serious replys to the post, and those of you who put a link to the metal reccommendation thread haven't read the post, because i said that the list was too big to go through all the bands, and that i wanted reccommendations based on what i already liked

Then you ASK in that thread. The thread is there for a reason, are you too dumb to understand that?
Quote by Flyingmojo

lamb of god
shadows fall
black dahlia murder
all that remains
mastodon
pantera
superjoint ritual
down
black label society
megadeth
symphany x
children of bodom (all sounds the same to me now)
as i lay dying is okay
anthrax
also check out www.bnrmetalpages.com i think, just go through and look for things you think you might dig

You suck
WHAT THE FUCKING HELL???

All the jackasses converged on this thread and spewed their bullshit all over the fucking floor!

Indeed.

I actually thought some of those replies in the beginning were just jokes, but I'm starting to think they weren't. Damn.

It seems to me that when a thread like this is made, random people on UG scroll down the forum list and see "reccommend metal bands..." and they go "lolzzzerzomg!!! i no sum!!" and then toss out the bullshit that we've seen here.
Quote by axe_grinder247
meatwad>chuck norris
Quote by Icarus66
This thread is like anal sex.

WITH NO LUBE

Pleasurable beyond all imagination?
hey member that one time this thread had a point?? ...i dont
MYSELF INFLUECE I

soo much n00bage
Quote by xX Maverick Xx
sorry to bust everyones bubble but lamb of god arent "hardcore" theyre death metal, and therefore metal.
If you are too lazy to go through the metal recomendation thread, ask your friends , search for another site, ask another metalhead . OR you can just go to the metal recomendation thread to :
1)not be flamed anymore
2)Ask your question there which will be answered with no flaming.
3)search for the band you'd like to hear.

It is the only way mate.. But as a good guy i will recomend some bands for you :
Death . to learn more about the subject , visit the metal recomendation thread.
Quote by Necrolust
If you are too lazy to go through the metal recomendation thread, ask your friends , search for another site, ask another metalhead . OR you can just go to the metal recomendation thread to :
1)not be flamed anymore
2)Ask your question there which will be answered with no flaming.
3)search for the band you'd like to hear.

It is the only way mate.. But as a good guy i will recomend some bands for you :
Death . to learn more about the subject , visit the metal recomendation thread.

Actually, he would be flamed. For saying Trivium.

>_>.
Page 1 of 2