While using a twin reverb, I tried out the TS-9DX, the English Muffn, the Big Muff, and the DS-1. All but the TS-9 sounded bad. The EM and The Big muff both had a buzzing distortion not usually natural to those pedals. The DS-1 sounded really thin and treblly, without a lot of gain. The Ts-9 didnt have a lot of overdrive unless the pedal was turned to the max volume and max gain. The guy at the store passed it off as a new speaker, and considering im buying mine used, I need to know whether it was speaker specific or true to all Twin Reverbs.

If it applies to all Twin Reverbs, then whats a good overdrive/distortion pedal for it?
Well what stuff do you play?

Bassicly Twin reverb are made for clean sounds.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
Well what stuff do you play?

Bassicly Twin reverb are made for clean sounds.

Um well my band plays mostly originals but we can get up to some fairly high gain songs. The heaviest I'd need to get would get would be Pearl Jam on the Ten album. But I'm a big fan of RHCP so keep that in mind.
Well i think a MArshall JTM-45 mught be a good choice, Jihn uses them and it shoudl handle distortion better.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
^hey gabe, why does your gibson have dot inlays instead of the trapezoid ones
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
Quote by Gabel
Well i think a MArshall JTM-45 mught be a good choice, Jihn uses them and it shoudl handle distortion better.

Well I really like the clean sound on the Twin Reverb so I'm really looking for a pedal that would sound good with it.
OD-9 or 808
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by HeartInACage
Well I really like the clean sound on the Twin Reverb so I'm really looking for a pedal that would sound good with it.

Not to hijack but I'm in the same boat.