hey chaps still deciding what to get in the final moments of decision, pretty much heart set on fireball, then remembered that id never thought about the peavey 6505! i can get them both for around the same price (£650) any thoughts on either of them? comparison of tone? cheers!
what music do you play?
My Gear:
Gibson SG special (W/ S.D. Jazz(N) & JB (B))
Mesa-Boogie Solo Triple Rec. (with EL-34's)
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss TU-2 Chromatic tuner
(what else do i need)

Where i work:
www.beanstalkmusic.com
metal, metal, and more metal. hence why im pretty much decided on the fireball, im just wondering about the 6505.
Aren't Engls regarded as bright amps (Don't know about the Fireball but people seem to say that about the others) While the 6505 is pretty dark sounding?
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
TS, if you have a guitar with EMGs, the 5150 might balance the brightess.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I thought about ENGL for a long time. They are VERY bright amps, way to bright for my tastes. I would either find a place to try them, or spend a lot of time getting sound clips. Unless you're rich and can afford to make thousand dollar mistakes, in which case
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
you need to try them if at all possible. I haven't tried the fireball, but I've tried most of the engls, and it should be good for metal. The 6505 is also good for metal...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I love the 6505 I'd be all over one of those in a heart beat dude. If you want rich thick death in a bottle that's the 6505... well in an amp, not in a bottle... but you catch my drift.
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c317/FoxEncounter/johnpetrucci.jpg[/img]
I'm gonna teach you.... how to snap your arm in.... 5 places...
cheers chaps. i dunno what kinda tone im going more for, machine head, arch enemy, shadows fall. broad kinda spectrum. and theres no where i can try either of them
machine head use 5150's, i think.

^ turning down the presence doesn't really work, it's the mid frequency... you could try an EQ though...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
hmmmm.........still thinking about it........i do have an EQ, can anyone kinda sum up what each amp is like? like differences/advantages/etc? thanks.
well the peavey is very metal, the cleans aren't great, and it's not terribly versatile. I'd say (having not tried the fireball, but having tried the other engls) that the fireball will have better cleans, and a slightly brighter tone. It'll probably be more versatile too, though with only two channels you'll kind of have to choose what tones you have dialled in at any given time.

I'd probably go for the fireball, but that's because engl are much better value in europe than peavey, and also I know I like the engl tone.

you're sure you can't get to try them? there are loads of engl dealers in the UK, and a reasonable number of peavey dealers too... IMO, it's worth a train ticket if it lets you decide which amp you want...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by El Codyo
Arch Enemy and Shadows Fall are both Pretty Dark, not sure about machine head, in that case, I would go for the 5150.

xD All three bands use the 5150 =P (I believe... I think it says on the Peavey site)
Quote by Untitled001
xD All three bands use the 5150 =P (I believe... I think it says on the Peavey site)

Arch Enemy use Kranks now
peavey 5150's and 6505's would probably be my top choice if i could have any amp without the problem of money...the distortion in the tone is just incredible
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
Quote by BorisTheFish
Arch Enemy use Kranks now

If by Kranks, you mean Krank Protoypes, which means 5150s in Krank casing, then you're right.