What acoustic guitar strings would all of you recommend? I broke a string earlier and decided just to replace them all.
Gear:
Custom Dean Avalanche
Fender Squire Stratocaster
Squire 22 W Amp.
Line 6 Spider II 112 75 W
i have yamahas that came with my guitar , but im gonna try d'addarios 11's. d'addarios exp's are good or elixer nanoweb
I use Ernie Ball .12s on my acoustic and electric.
Boycott Dean Markley!
What's the difference between string sizes (ex. 10-48 and 13-58)? Do they just sound different? or do they play easier, etc?
the higher guage you go, the harder it is to play. 12's are standard for acoustic i think. I would stick with 12s or 11's. The sound also changes when you switch guages.
Quote by Bill43
I have some "Cleartone" strings that come with "Enhanced Molecular Coating" and they seem to have a better sound and last longer than Elixirs.

Here's a link: http://www.cleartonestrings.com/
Read it and see what you think.

Is that humanly possible? I might have to look into these... How much do they go for?

Originally Posted by grungefan89
Geeze, why don't you just give the kid a pistol to shoot at his head? Telling someone to go buy a B.C. Rich - and on a budget - is like giving someone a gun and telling them to commit suicide.
Those cleartones must be expensive...they seem pretty awesome though.
Member #5 of Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club.
Contact iamtehwalrus768 to join.
^^ I think they were around $12.00 USD a set for the .12's. The same price as Elixir's... roughly. I only bought one set to try them out (recommended by the salesman). I'm certain the price would go way down if I bought a box of them.
Quote by joe360
What's the difference between string sizes (ex. 10-48 and 13-58)? Do they just sound different? or do they play easier, etc?

It's generally accepted that thicker strings give a better tone. However, they are harder to play, especially if you're doing bends.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Quote by WowImNoGood
Im using d'addarios .13's, they are awsome

X2, but I use .12's. They're great.
"He has a woman's name and wears makeup. How original."
--Alice Cooper, on Marilyn Manson.
Quote by Kollarism
i have yamahas that came with my guitar , but im gonna try d'addarios 11's. d'addarios exp's are good or elixer nanoweb

d'addarios exp are good but i can only use elixir because my hand excessives sweats.
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
Quote by roamingbard13
^Did you buy them from an independent shop or a chain? I've never seen them up here before...

EDIT:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Cleartone-Coated-Acoustic-Guitar-Strings-Medium?sku=100945&src=3SOSWXXA

^^Ouch, 17 bucks a set???

Sam Ash... but I buy a lot of things there and get a lot of free stuff too. I write reviews of gear for a local musician's rag and get to keep most of the stuff I review.