Ummm im pretty new on playing guitar about 8 months now and i love HARDCORE MUSIC like from autumn to ashes zao as i lay dying still remains etc. but i cant play hardcore but i also have a pretty bad setup for playing hardcore i have a schecter but i have a terrible cheap dean markley amp so if you can help me please do!!!!!
ha, I'm in the same boat. I love hardcore but can't play it. So I just accept it and play what comes natural and what I enjoy (even if it's not hardcore). otherwise it seems forced and less than adequete (sp)
ok if you liek hardcore music your probably going to want to practice speed build ups, sweep picking stuff liek that. And as far as equipment goes just save all of your money buy a new amp mayb a pedal and then a guitar but dont worry about the guitar that much.

But you also have to remember that you are new to guitar so it is probably gonna take alot of practice.
Quote by captaincool
how the hell did you get one for being a noob

umm man i can already play stone cold crazy and stuff im better the n like a lot of people think of an average noob my dad has been playing forever and im only 14 and i bought this guitar with my own hard earned cash
^ yea just practice some AILD tabs theres plenty on here ill bet you get some ideas of your own before you know it
You mean you can't play your favorite songs by other bands, or you can't writie music like that? If you are having trouble playing songs by bands like those, then find some other songs that come easier and build your skill level and then try again. Also, try learning some of the techniques that are prevalent in the music and get them under your fingers. Some examples for the bands you listed could be fast down picking and pinch harmonics.

If you can't write songs in that fashion, but you have the right techniques down, then stop trying to force it. Keep listening to the music and taking influence from it, but don't try to force anything, because then it will sound, well...forced.

Good luck.
well everybody im also getting a line 6 125 watt spyder 2 and im paying or it myself is it a good amp cuz i think it has two awesome effects like the metal and the insane!
for equipment : if ya want more distortion get a line6 spider2 combo(i think it the spider2 series)they have sum killer distortion, go to ur local guitar center and grap one, there pretty cheap(depending on how big of one ya buy) but for practice do alot of speed ****
Quote by Hardcore101
Ummm im pretty new on playing guitar about 8 months now and i love HARDCORE MUSIC like from autumn to ashes zao as i lay dying still remains etc. but i cant play hardcore but i also have a pretty bad setup for playing hardcore i have a schecter but i have a terrible cheap dean markley amp so if you can help me please do!!!!!

First off...at least try to fuckin throw in a period mark every now and and then.

You dont need new gear. You need to grow up and practice. Theres nothing we can do for you. Its all up to you. Go get lessons or buy some lesson books for God sakes.
kurd i have practiced and most of the teachers around where i live only play classical sheet music or jazz and id appreciate if you didnt cuss at me i dont cuss and man some of the other people dont use periods why dont you attack them and i do practce every day for about 2 hours a day i know it should be more and man im just trying to find tabs that can be played for practice its kind of like getting lessons but its free and our family doesnt have much money so please im sorry if i made you mad but i dont know how i did i dont even know who you are and you couldve told me in a nicer way
im telling you man reinvention? confined? the darkest nights? the whole shadows are security album? pretty basic once you learn how to go from the dropped C string to the G sting back and forth quickly
Quote by Hardcore101
kurd i have practiced and most of the teachers around where i live only play classical sheet music or jazz and id appreciate if you didnt cuss at me i dont cuss and man some of the other people dont use periods why dont you attack them and i do practce every day for about 2 hours a day i know it should be more and man im just trying to find tabs that can be played for practice its kind of like getting lessons but its free and our family doesnt have much money so please im sorry if i made you mad but i dont know how i did i dont even know who you are and you couldve told me in a nicer way

1. Classical isnt ****, you would be offended if I made fun of Atreyu, would you?
2. You need a better amp. Spyder ll's sound digital, cold, and dead sounding.
3. Get a Dictionary or an English For Dummies book. Even my 11-year old brother can spell better than you
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Aug 15, 2006,
Quote by aznrockerdude
1. Classical isnt ****, you would be offended if I made fun of Atreyu, would you?
3. Get a Diactionary or an English For Dummies book. Even my 11-year old brother can spell better than you

coming from the guy who cant spell dictionary?
hmmm.....
Ouch

Anyway, just practice songs from bands you like. Odds are, this is what you're doing. "Ok let us see here, I love AILD and *instert 10 other HxC bands here* so I want to learn all there stuff! Ok here are some songs, *printprintprintprint.......* *10 minutes later* Ok I have some songs I need to learn *boom boom boom boom* *5 seconds later* Ok I tried them all and they are too hard...

Something like that? Pick ONE song ONE riff hell ONE note, get that down PERFECTLY, you can't just fly through songs and play them well, especially if you are a newer player. Pick ONE song and start at the FIRST riff, ONLY play that for as long as it takes to where you can play it without looking, up to tempo. I've spent DAYS on riffs, it's not easy to learn songs so just take your time with one and you should pick it up easier and easier as you move along
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by CodySG

Anyway, just practice songs from bands you like. Odds are, this is what you're doing. "Ok let us see here, I love AILD and *instert 10 other HxC bands here* so I want to learn all there stuff! Ok here are some songs, *printprintprintprint.......* *10 minutes later* Ok I have some songs I need to learn *boom boom boom boom* *5 seconds later* Ok I tried them all and they are too hard...

Something like that? Pick ONE song ONE riff hell ONE note, get that down PERFECTLY, you can't just fly through songs and play them well, especially if you are a newer player. Pick ONE song and start at the FIRST riff, ONLY play that for as long as it takes to where you can play it without looking, up to tempo. I've spent DAYS on riffs, it's not easy to learn songs so just take your time with one and you should pick it up easier and easier as you move along

couldnt have said it better myself.
Quote by aznrockerdude
3. Get a Diactionary or an English For Dummies book. Even my 11-year old brother can spell better than you

People are you crazy WTF we are on a guitar internet site! First of All thank you to the people who are trying to help and im going to take your advice and if you get what im saying on my posts why does it matter how we spell things!!!! and Dude i never said classical was **** it awesome if people play it dude but its not my genre i want to play!and about atryu i dont even like them they sing to much
Quote by Hardcore101

! , . ? " '

^Those are things you need to learn to use before I respect you.

Oh, and "fuck shit".

But, to be nice, I'll suggest you look at this site: http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/guitar_scales.php?qqq=FULL&scch=E&scchnam=Pentatonic+Minor&get2=Get
Quote by laxcountry07
coming from the guy who cant spell dictionary?
hmmm.....

typo... I just had soccer tryouts man
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
i'm playing alot of metalcore also~mostly KsE,as i lay dying etc.
which amp should i get?
i'm currently using a ESP Eclipse II with 2emg81 pus.
Quote by 1fine69
How much do you have to spend?

around $1000usd
i'm from hk~and there is no H&k/randall
Quote by Hardcore101

well my teacher plays and has released classical guitar cds...but he loves going over August Burns Red, The #12, Underoath songs with me and is very helpful in teaching me all the tricks and how to do them right (sweep picking exc..) and all that stuff.

learn the Confined riff, that song helped me jump strings alot better then i used to be able too, try some august burns red tabs to learn some speed picking, and just learn hardcore songs if you want to learn hardcore...i've been practicing songs for about a year that are hardcore and now im starting to create some of my own stuff, the music you listen to and learn how to play infulences your future songs if you ever get that far..
Yea as everyone says it just takes time. Im beginning to look at a lot of solo's and stuff now, and im focusing on AC/DC stuff. Complicated, but as far as solo's go they are easier then a lot of stuff out there.

Some people say that they try to learn an entire new song every day. But it took me about a week to memorize the AC/DC Highway to hell solo, and thats one of the easier ones! But ive been playing for about 9 months now, and my fingers arnt up to speed for playing a lot of that stuff, and im still trying to build finger strength....

But dont make my two mistakes. DO NOT...whatever you do... DO NOT forget to yous your pinky. Maybe you have maybe you havnt, but im regretting not using my pinky when I started. And everytime I press down with my middle finger, my pinky tries to shoot up, and do its own thing, and thats bad....and im working on that.

Also practice alternate stroking and picking. Dont just play downwards, up down up down up down. But as I said maybe your playing correctly, im just giving my two cents
Classical may not be your "genre", but you're playing will always be weak if it's built on a poor foundation. Music theory and chord structure in general is essential. You can start looking at the tabs on this site, but I would recommend you actually going through the lessons on the site first just so you know the basics of what you're doing. And another thing...classical music probably has some of the heaviest musical passages you've ever heard...listen to it, learn it, then grab a piece, chop it down to a riff and tear it up. You'd be surprised at what you can find once you open your mind to things outside your "genre".
Ya ill be getting into lessons shortly i think and i found a guy that plays rock just today i found him so thatll be good thanks to the people with helping me