Hopefully I'll be getting a Roland Cube 30 on Wednesday, I own a SG so I was wondering what kind of Patch C(h?)ord do you recommend? One with 2 hooks or just one hook? I know it looks better to have a hooked end to plug into the SG, but what about the Cube? Thanks in advance.
usually patch cords refer to short cables to "patch" from one module to another, but they are usually short links.

*in case you are talking about instrument cables:

you plug in from teh top of a roland cube hey? if you do, then get an angled one on both ends. Then the cable doesnt bend from gravitiy. ON your sg, an angeled one would work best as well.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
isnt the input on the cube on the top? in that case get one end angled(or hooked so u say) and put it in the SG and teh other end in the cube cuz an angeld might hit your knobs.
Quote by gallagher2006
This one time I went out at night and sexually assaulted 2 girls then murdered them and hid their bodies never to be found.

I pwned as a 7 year old
He's wondering if he should get a patch cord with two angled heads, or just one angled head.

Get just one angled head for the guitar. The amp would do better (since the input is on the top) with a straight head.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
Dammit I just made an ass out of myself..... my friend and his dad(who are both pretty good guitarists) call the cord you connect from the amp to the guitar patch cords. So I guess I meant an "instrument cable"? Thanks for the info guys. So I still don't know which one I should get for the amp, Ark says hooked so it doesn't be with gravity and I think it would look better, but then jpharaoh69 says it might hit the knobs.

So I guess I'll get a angled head for the guitar(obviously) and straight head for the amp unless the input is far enough away from the knobs, but I don't think I will be jumping around alot so it shouldn't move and get in the way.

Sorry for all the confusion.
Quote by HBKracker
Dammit I just made an ass out of myself..... my friend and his dad(who are both pretty good guitarists) call the cord you connect from the amp to the guitar patch cords. So I guess I meant an "instrument cable"? Thanks for the info guys. So I still don't know which one I should get for the amp, Ark says hooked so it doesn't be with gravity and I think it would look better, but then jpharaoh69 says it might hit the knobs.

So I guess I'll get a angled head for the guitar(obviously) and straight head for the amp unless the input is far enough away from the knobs, but I don't think I will be jumping around alot so it shouldn't move and get in the way.

Sorry for all the confusion.

http://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/Catalogue/getImage.aspx?ImageId=35

if you get the both angled, and you are ever north east (according to the pic there) of the amp, it will either wrap around the amp and get caught or go over it and hit your knobs
Quote by gallagher2006
This one time I went out at night and sexually assaulted 2 girls then murdered them and hid their bodies never to be found.

I pwned as a 7 year old
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
What does it matter? Just buy a cable.....

because my friend had an sg without an angled cable and as he steped on the cable, it cracked big time near the input. plus its more comfortable.
Quote by gallagher2006

I pwned as a 7 year old
Angled jacks are important for front-output guitars.

Like SG's.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
^Except Strats.

I would probably go Straight Straight on this one. Mainly becuase if you use the old time trick of throwing your cable through your strap so it doesn't come out, then an angled cable would end up going right near the bridge. May be a little cosmetically off.