I recently purchased a Peavey JSX, and I brought it home, and was playing around with it, and i noticed that the reverb does not work. It's up to 10, and there's no sustain at all. No matter where I turn the dial to between 1 and 10, it's dead silent when the strings are muted after being played.

Is there something I have to do to egt it to work, or is ti just, broken?

Thanks in advance.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way

Quote by RadioHead22
do you have a footswitch? if so, it might have a reverb switch. happened to me. thne i hit the switch and the reverb came on. or maybe you're reverb is broken. also happened to me. i brought it to a shop and they fixed it
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I got it from Steve's Music in Ottawa. I'll have to phone the guy who sold it to me. $1569 and the reverb doesnt work, pish posh!

And i do have a footswitch, and it has an effects button on it, but Im rpetty sure it's for the effects loop..

Quote by RadioHead22
Yea, it's for the effects loop, when I hit that switch, it goes quieter, and there's still no reverb.

Quote by RadioHead22
you have probably already checked this, but is there a dial on your amp for the effects level, or maybe a button?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
No there isn't, there's an effects loop level, for send and return, but that's it.

Quote by RadioHead22
I still tink that if nothing works, you should go bitch to the store and tell them they owe you a reverb pedal or a new amp with a working reverb.
Administrator of the "Guitarists born in 1991 Club" PM me or greendayguitar to join.

Feel free to add me
Quote by blues_rocker
I still tink that if nothing works, you should go bitch to the store and tell them they owe you a reverb pedal or a new amp with a working reverb.

I like how you think.

Quote by RadioHead22
Quote by Erock503
does the JSX even have built in reverb?

Im guessing so, seeing as how it has a reverb dial right below the master volume. It could be there just to make it look prettier though.

Quote by RadioHead22
sorry man, the one I saw didn't have one, odd. Anyway, is it a spring reverb, or digital? If it's spring, it will probably have a spring box somewhere, probably on the bottom. I've seen the wires come accidentally unplugged in other amps.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
the combos have reverb, mine, being a head, does not. since i dont have a reverb, i cannot help much.

do you hear any difference when you turn it up from 1 to 10? reverb does more than add sustain
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Last edited by tubadude at Aug 17, 2006,
Quote by tubadude
the combos have reverb, mine, being a head, does not. since i dont have a reverb, i cannot help much.

do you hear any difference when you turn it up from 1 to 10? reverb does more than add sustain

ahh, didn't know they made a combo.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
sorry man, the one I saw didn't have one, odd. Anyway, is it a spring reverb, or digital? If it's spring, it will probably have a spring box somewhere, probably on the bottom. I've seen the wires come accidentally unplugged in other amps.

Well, in the bottom of the speaker cabinet, there is rectangular black boc that I have no idea what it's for, would that be a spring reverb box?

Quote by RadioHead22
Quote by greendayguitar
Well, in the bottom of the speaker cabinet, there is rectangular black boc that I have no idea what it's for, would that be a spring reverb box?

yeah, that sounds like a spring reverb. Make sure there aren't any loose/unplugged wires connecting to the actual amp electronics.
amp clips
amp vids
Yay! I fixed it! The 2 wires were plugged into a white clip type thing, liek a phone jack, and it was just kinda of dangling on attached to anything. I found out where it was to be plugged in, and now the reverb works.

Thank you very very much for the help you guys!

Quote by RadioHead22
Last edited by greendayguitar at Aug 17, 2006,
we want clips!

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
^

Like, sound clips? Cause my mic sounds like my dad taking a big poop.

Quote by RadioHead22
lol, how would you know how your dad's crap sounds like?

(and i did mean sound clips)

Quote by steven seagull
Trust me, it's loud...imagine waking up at 6 in the morning to hearing "agggg,....aggggggg...aggggggggg....pfffffffffffft plop plop plop pfffffffffttt....ahh"

Quote by RadioHead22
The truth hurts, man, the truth hurts..

Quote by RadioHead22