Today in jazz band we was just sittin around and i accidently done a true pinch harmonic for the first time, and now i get it figured out. so i was wanting to know wat songs there are that are pretty easy and have pinch harmonics in them so i can get better at using them
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Listen to ANY note played by Zakk Wylde.

oh, dude, harsh...
Go for the eighties. Motley Crue, Judas Priest, Ozzy Osbourne - that's when pinch harmonics got famous. They practically ceased in mainstream after that.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
Alot of Pantera but Dime liked to do the "Dime Squeal" with his Trem a little more.
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
Quote by t3hrav3n
oh, dude, harsh...

not really. If youve ever seen Zakk Wylde play live youll know what Im talking about. Every other note played it a pinch harmonic and after about 30 seconds its just downright annoying lol.
ZZ Top

specifically the solo for "La Grange"
Quote by Slash Jr.
Forgive me for asking this but what is a dirty sanchez??

Quote by Teh_Guitarer
bahahahahahahahaha nice find ForbiddenDonut. you're my man...
Quote by kurdtkobaign
not really. If youve ever seen Zakk Wylde play live youll know what Im talking about. Every other note played it a pinch harmonic and after about 30 seconds its just downright annoying lol.

i have seen him play live, and he was kick ass. His music is good, and the only thing people can try to do rip it apart is comment on the pinch harmonics, which is just personal taste

he is one of the best guitarists in the metal world, in my opnion , the best currently alive.

therefore your post is obsolete
Quote by dugR
i have seen him play live, and he was kick ass. His music is good, and the only thing people can try to do rip it apart is comment on the pinch harmonics, which is just personal taste

he is one of the best guitarists in the metal world, in my opnion , the best currently alive.

Did I say his music isnt good? Did I say he wasnt a good guitar player? No. I didnt. I said he uses pinch harmonics too much, you said it yourself its his "personal taste".

goddam n00bs.
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Did I say his music isnt good? Did I say he wasnt a good guitar player? No. I didnt. I said he uses pinch harmonics too much, you said it yourself its his "personal taste".

goddam n00bs.

OWNED!!!
God please don't play like Zakk Wylde. Talented? Yes. Annoying: Also yes. I listened to him once when he was playing for Ozzy. He did that famous opening phrase for 'Crazy Train' and absolutely ruined it with all those damn pinch harmonics.

For a good example of TASTEFUL use of pinch harmonics, listen to the last minute or 2 of Lateralus by Tool (the song).
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
Quote by dugR

Petrucci and Dream Theater make Zakk Wylde look like an infant trying to cut off his guitar strings with a knife.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
listen to some of the stuff whitesnake did when vai did that album with em
Quote by kurdtkobaign

goddam n00bs.

YUO ARE TEH OBSOLEET, B1TCH!!! LOLOLOLOLOL ZAKK WYDLE PODSAGFINEAWNS YUR MOM IN DA BUTT!! LOLLLLLLL I HAVE 100 FRENDS ON MYSPACE!!!
^ not sure what you meant by having 100 friends on myspace, congratz i guess and yeah, Zakk is good in what he does, teh seckS....

anyways, back to this thread, try lookin up Jerry C's Canon Rock, there are few easy pinches here and there and you can add more if you wish, still would sound great. This song is aint too hard also.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Anything by John Sykes. That guy knows how to use em properly. Try either the Intro/verse part to "Crying In The Rain" by Whitesnake or "Cold Sweat" by Thin Lizzy
Leos Rig
Gibson LP Platinum
Gibson V
ESP Ltd H-202
ESP EX-400
Engl Screamer Combo
Quote by Danno13
YUO ARE TEH OBSOLEET, B1TCH!!! LOLOLOLOLOL ZAKK WYDLE PODSAGFINEAWNS YUR MOM IN DA BUTT!! LOLLLLLLL I HAVE 100 FRENDS ON MYSPACE!!!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sigged. I love you danno.

>.>

<.<
For some really easy pinch harmonics in a riff that actually sound good:

Slipknot's "Duality" or Lamb of God's "Laid to Rest" or Lamb of God's "Omerta"

Zack Wylde is def. annoying but lets see you top him.

As someone pointed out Lateralus by tool for sure.
Quote by cptazad

Zack Wylde is def. annoying but lets see you top him.
if that was directed towards me: In no way did I say I was better, or that he wasnt a talented guy. Read before attempt at pwn.
i really want to see john vs zakk i really dont know whod win they are both truely amazing
People always bang on about Zakk and his pinch harmonics or love of the pentatonic but as he said himself in many interviews he wanted to go his own way, create his own sound and perfect his own technique or become known for a certain method just as Van Halen is known for tapping, Malmsteem is known for sweeping etc. I think its clear he achieved that like it or not.

If you have seen his various demonstration videos around on Youtube and the like you will see he can do every technique and style of music but as he said "you're never going to do it any better than he does so whats the point" The picking every note is again something he does in order to go in the other direction from the normal crowd.

We all have our favourites and love him or hate him theres no question Zakk is regarded as one of the worlds best. Something that reflects the 12-16 hours a day he put in at school. Who on here does that?
Getting away from the Zakk Wylde arguement...

Just throw them in any song at certain places where they sound good. It adds "spice" to some songs. Just mess around with them.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~