Page 1 of 3
This is the UG radio plotting/commenting/suggestion whatever thread. If you have a suggestion or anything, post it in here. People interested in helping, or if you want your song played, whatever, post in here.

Updates:

show4's up, had to put it on the putfile again, pink queen will get it up on the normal site sometime this week, but for now www.putfile.com/gtrfrk123

hey guys, second show is officially up, click on the link below to stream it, download it, or to listen to the podcast

-gtrfrk

The following has been edited in by That_Pink_Queen:
Hey guys, I've made a little website. There is a streaming version, and a downloadable one(and now, a Podcast too).
http://star.walagata.com/w/crg23/
Pretty bland for now, but I'll keep working on it.
Update: Podcast done! Subscription link is on the site!

~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
Last edited by gtrfrk123 at Sep 13, 2006,
If you don't want that crappy putfile stuff, I'd be happy to make a little homepage on some hosting I have.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Nifty little idea! Good work.
Originally posted by turinbrakes
actually YOU SUCK

"I once read a poem, held my breath
But that moment's gone
First time I felt life, somewhat hurts
Need an option and some hope "

Anders Fridén
I like it so far, but I do agree that you need to speak with more confidence and a little louder would really help it stand out. Just imagine what an actual radio announcer would sound like and try to emulate that.

*stickied*
yea i know, i'll try that next time. thanks for the sticky and thanks for the positive feedback. and to that pink queen, i'd like that better, as long as its free
~gtrfrk

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

Pink queen, your pms were full. anyway that would be awesome thanks.

and also, i don't want to take all the credit since i had a lot of help. thanks to Punk Rocker for scouting out the talent and asking permission. thanks to wmzbomgzors for letting me use wmzb, giving me the info and helpin me along the way,thanks to bill for stickying the thread , and helpin me with the originals/covers situation.
-gtrfrk
~gtrfrk

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

Last edited by gtrfrk123 at Aug 14, 2006,
I'm setting up an m3u streaming setup, file hosting, and I'm sure a podcast would be possible.
I'll see what I can do.
cool,finally got it up

good job
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
I can make this WAY better, with a live stream, and actual Dj's. Through SHOUTCast and Winamp. Its just everyone who wants to listen would have to get Winamp. But thats not hard.

Jah Man,
Sqeez
I had my hands in the river,
My feet back up on the bank,
Looked up to the Lord above and said,
"Hey man, Thanks"

Dr. Spinnerbait of the UG Fishermans Club. PM Joe-Fish to join.
I personally think the mp3+m3u+podcast(the stuff I'm working on) option is fine for now.
Forcing everybody to get winamp is mundane.
We want this available to everybody.
Woah what'd you do to my band's song man?
Last edited by Slash Jr. at Aug 15, 2006,
^It's on there!
slash jr, all apolagies. check your pms though man, it was my fault, i ****ed the file up somehow.
~gtrfrk

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

Go to my site...I know for a fact it works on a Mac, I've got one too.
http://star.walagata.com/w/crg23/

If anybody would like to help contribute towards spicing up the page in terms of some HTML goodies, that would be cool.

Btw, podcasting is coming along...I'm almost done, but I'm getting some errors. Hopefully I'll be able to finish by tonight sometime.
^^ I haven't looked at the page yet, but i do some webdesigning with photoshop, html, and css. Sometimes I use flash, but flash is too unreliable - ill look at the page and see if anything I can do
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
^It's on there!

Yeah I know it's on there, but it's different.

But it's cool though I've already talked with gtr.
We should make a UG magazine kind of thing - I've seen people do them online. We could "interview" some amazing musicians on UG, give info about the latest gear thats out (or most asked about), we could do a lot.
^Lets get the radio down first...
Adding some of that junk in the radio show might be cool though.
Can you do anything web design wise?
It's pretty crap now.
a lot of radio stations have daily or weekly specials that they do. something like that might be cool. i know you had news and UG news, but maybe an interview or something would be neat. maybe like 'the mods message - a weekly message from the mods of your favorite forum.' im sure you can come up with something better, but something that has a catchy name and is something to draw people in. then maybe some interviews about anything music related; gear, playing tips, recording ideas, etc. you know, just something to get another segment in there.
^Good thinking.

UG news was a bit lame this time...probably in the future we'll have stuff like:
"Early last week Cas created SilentDeftones cocksucking forum, a forum dedicated to exclusively spam. Unfortunately the forum was closed soon after."
Just little bits, nothing really important.
For Music news, it could just be a little summary of what shows up on UG's news page over the week.
Good idea with the "Mods Message" lol. I've been working on coming up with some little jingles, I'll make one for "Mods Message" for sure.

And yeah, more other general content would be cool too.

And a new announcement...I finally got the Podcast working! Woohoo!
For now, go into iTunes, click on the "Advanced" tab, then "Subscribe to Podcast." From there, just type "star.walagata.com/w/crg23/ugradiopodcast.xml" into the box and you should be good to go!

I'll work on coming up with a better system as soon as I can. The Podcast info will be posted on the site ASAP too, hopefully with a better subscription system.

EDIT:
Podcast is up on the site, with a one click subscription setup. I reccomend going to http://www.star.walagata.com/w/crg23/ and simply clicking on the link to subscribe.

Peace!
I did some html stuff, it kinda sucks because I suck at html, but its better than nothing. It just has a blue background and a marquee.

<html>
<head>
<marquee bgcolor=white> <br> <h3> Ultimate Guitar Radio - Bringing you the latest music, exclusive to ultimate-guitar.com</B> </h3> </marquee>
<br>
<br>
<hr>
<title>Unofficial UG Radio!</title>
</head>
<body>

<body bgcolor=#CCFFFF>

<h1>Welcome!</h1>
This is the official site for unofficial UG Radio, your #1 source for the best recordings from Ultimate-Guitar for the week. Each week, we'll have a new show for you to check out , with new recordings and usually some music news.<br/>
<h2>Podcast:</h2>
Podcast is up and working.  <a href="itpc://star.walagata.com/w/crg23/ugradiopodcast.xml">HERE</a> to subscribe!<br/><br/>
<h2>Downloadable/streamable shows:</2>
<h3>First show!</h3>  Click <a href="http://star.walagata.com/w/crg23/ugradio-show1.mp3">HERE</a> to download the mp3 file..  Click <a href="http://star.walagata.com/w/crg23/ugradio-show1.m3u">HERE</a> to stream the show.<br/> <br/>
<h2>Other stuff</h2>
<a href="http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=414407">UG Radio thread on the UG forums</a><br/>
<a href="http://www.apple.com/itunes">Get iTunes to listen to the Podcast</a><br/>

<br>
<br>
<br>
<hr>

</body>
</html>

I'm sure a real web designer person will make some awesome thing later.
Quote by VR2005
Very good post Marmoseti, you're on the right track.

Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

PM Marmoseti or Confusius to join
Ok, I'll mess with the code a bit.
Thanks!

And LOL@Slash Jr, the chipmunk song is awesome!
Whoa. This is pretty cool. Nice job!
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
awesome idea dude! agree with everyone else work on speaking up. Such a sweet idea man lol you could even start announcing some of contest winners and such on here as well, dont let it fade out ina week, its really pretty ****in cool
Quote by ovdojoey
Im a quite accomplished web designer, I could make something up.

Go for it!

We don't need anything complex or anything, just one page will work fine. I'd like to keep all of it in one folder too, so if you could keep it all in one directory that would be nice.
Quote by shorter_rocker
We should make a UG magazine kind of thing - I've seen people do them online. We could "interview" some amazing musicians on UG, give info about the latest gear thats out (or most asked about), we could do a lot.

Doesn't UG itself already do all that?
#DTWD
^Yeah lol.
this is cool. When is the next episode gonna be?

and to the guy who had the idea of the magazine,its been tried and it failed horribly.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
Like it. Is there anyway to make it appear on the UG homepage?
Now Is Not The Time To Cry....Now's The Time To Find Out Why!!!!
maybe i'll talk to the mods to try to get it on the hompage somehow, and to guitarfan, ther'll be a new episode for you to listen to every monday. and also, when you guys try to listen to the podcast do you get the page where it says in the headline "this page cannot be displayed", or is it just me who gets it?

-gtrfrk
~gtrfrk

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

We were trying to get a UG Bass Podcast up over in the bass forum, but I guess you guys beat us to it

Nice job. Kudos to That_Pink_Queen.

Only complaint is the announcer voice is really kind of quiet.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Page 1 of 3