The head I have, was a mistake. I got it a while ago (I was a noob) and now I dont know what to do. Is there a preamp or pedal I could get to make the sound heavier? (Thrash and Death metal). Or would I be better off getting a new head?
Your best bet is to go to the guitar store and play everything in your price range. I'm a bug fan of amp distortion and I don't like distortion pedals, but that's just me.
Well what do you suggest for a decent head. I'm saving up for a head but i dont know what kind of head.
And MT-2's are the most sterile pieces of **** ever. Lifeless.

About how much are you going to save up?

I would probably suggest an Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP for $650 through MF. Then on top of that, you can get a nice Tubescreamer (TS-9 or TS808) or Maxon OD for stuff that's in between Crunch and Heavy Gain.
Anything Marshall.
My Gear:

2006 Fender American Strat
'58 Reissue Korina Gibson Flying V
1963 Harmony H53 Rocket
Squier Tele Custom II

Fender Champion 600
Turn up bass and whack the strings.
Turn up mids too, and turn up gain, turn up volume, thicker picks.
No to both above me.

First Poster: Uhhh no. Anything Marshall is not a good answer in this case. I don't think he wants to be dealing with a **** MG or AVT or Mode Four.
Second Poster: Sure, all that will get you thicker, but not necessarily heavier. Thick being "bung bung bung" and heavier being "chugga chugga chugga".
Thanks I'll look into the Ashdown. I'm aiming for around $800. and that ashdown fits nicely in that range.
Quote by JagStang5246
The head I have, was a mistake. I got it a while ago (I was a noob) and now I dont know what to do. Is there a preamp or pedal I could get to make the sound heavier? (Thrash and Death metal). Or would I be better off getting a new head?

As you've been told, If your amp is Fender it's prolly better to get a new head if you want to do death metal. Fender isn't exactly known for that genre. For the price range mentioned, I recommend you look in the direction of Peavey. Shouldn't be a big problem since you can find them practically eveywhere.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
I find that Randalls have that saturated tone I'm looking for and better distortion. Personally, I like it more than Marshalls, but hey, that's just my opinion. As bangoodcharlote said, go to the store and try 'em all out. Trust me, it's a MUCH better idea than asking others as you opinion differs from everyone else. And ask someone to help you at the store.