The title says it all.

I have an epiphone valve junior combo, and I am replacing the speaker with a jensen p8r. I'm not exactly sure how to attach the wires to the terminals. I "think" the stock speaker was soldered, but I'm not 100% sure, as I have never actually replaced/installed/worked on speakers before. Ever.

My brother has worked on a lot of car stereos, and told me the best way would be to get terminal clips and attach them that way, but the original speaker wasn't attached that way, so I don't know if that would be wise. But the terminal on the jensen looks like there is some retardedly easy way to attach the speaker that doesn't require soldering.

Long story short, what is the correct way to attach the wires to the terminals, and could you explain it to me in a way I can understand.

Thanks.

PS: I spent at least an hour on google looking at many sites to find the simple answer, but I'd like to be sure.
Doesn't really matter as long as the wires connect. With only one speaker, you don't even need to get the polarity correct.

Just hook it up, and it will work. Get your brother to help you, he should have no problem.
And terminal clips are a good idea.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.