I own a line6 Spider II 112 (75watt 1x12) amp, and thinking of purchasing an ESP Viper Standard.

My question is that I've heard this would be a bad combination, is there any truth to that or ?

I play metal (in flames, iron maiden, all 'genres' of metal i guess) and I dont want to potentially shoot myself in the foot with a bad combo, so any info on this would be great. Itd be even better to hear "whoever said that is retarded".

Also, any other recommendations for a new guitar besides viper standard? I've got $1500-2000 USD. I like all the features of the viper standard, except the color! I'm not a fan of all black, but imo its better than green/urban camo...

Thanks.
yeah, id suggest you get a better amp. its a majority of your tone. you should look into mesas.
But the point is: Get a better amp, like a Traynor YCV50Blue or something.
Quote by b0xD
No no, he is the guy who wrote this thread...:P

lol
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
get a new amp and new guitar, kablam, u can get both for the ammount of money you've got.

byaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarr (too much chapelle show)
Marty
u might want to check out Peavey 5150/6505 head + some cab cuz In Flames uses those
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

I ya can, I all-tube Mesa or Marshall with a decent guitar could kill.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
if you have $2000, spend about $1300 on a new amp, and about $700 on a new guitar.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
if you have $2000, spend about $1300 on a new amp, and about $700 on a new guitar.

Good stuff. I was going to suggest exactly the same.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
^

it's always a good sign if you agree with anyone, crunch.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Amp - Marshall TSL602 Combo

Guitar - ESP Viper 400

These are just some ideas, but they are a good choice for what you are going after.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
I would stick with the viper and maybe get a different amp. Such as, maybe some type of a marshall half stack. if you email me i can look a decent priced one up for you. boreddumb@gmail.com. or IM me at GrnNimr.

P>S> I know my IM is stupid