guys im gonna get some pedals for my birthday but im not too sure which ones to get.
I'd like to get a chorus and a delay and a sustain pedal. and i think a boss mt-2
i want to get the sounds from Jimi hendrix to Jimmy page, get that sort of fuzz they have kind of like the fuzz wolfmother uses. but I also want to get that sound that John Frucisante gets. you know that sorta clean bust a little distory kind of sound. i also want to get good sustain.

but I'd also like a versetaile pedal that will also get like a good metallica sound.

i was looking in to the electro harmonix biig muff but Im not too sure which one to get.
can you guys help?
I'd stay way from the mt-2 if I were you.
it looks nice but that's about it, the sound is like a donkey on a chainsaw

Edit: ehx is good but I don't know about their distortions, I'm savin up for the damage control stuff myself
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
I'm not really sure, since you're looking for a very versatile pedal.
you might want to go an try some of the multi amp stuff, pretty much every big brand has one of their own.

hell, I got korg one a long time ago and I still use it.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
well i dont want just one pedal im gonna buy like 3 or 4. but they got to be you know like under 100 bucks. what would you buy to instead of an mt-2 to get good distortion?
that depends, do you care for things like the bypass method or anything like that?
UG's Flamenco Club
also, you might want to check if some other threads.

I've seen over a hundred people screaming the ds-1 from boss is the ****.
I've never tried them, however Satch as well as Vai, Wylde and god knows who else appeared to have used them.
UG's Flamenco Club
whats the ce-2 I dont think I know that one, Big muff ain't my style so my opinion won't help with that one.
I know someone going crazy about the rocktron pedals but I don't know their pricerange.

edit: is that the second chorus boss made?
UG's Flamenco Club
Last edited by FretboardToAsh at Aug 15, 2006,
why does no one like the mt-2??

in my experience, distortion pedals are REALLY affected by the amp you're using!!
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
for the jimi hendrix tone, get the Jim Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Fuzz Wah, or the normal wah and the octave fuff, for the frusciante tones, just try the fuzz box with a slight distortion on your amp
Archbishop of Zeppelinism...

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

Quote by dimebag_love
why does no one like the mt-2??

in my experience, distortion pedals are REALLY affected by the amp you're using!!

I've played it on marshalls, it sounded like i was playing with sandpaper
UG's Flamenco Club
the Jim Dunlop jimi hendrix octave fuzz or the jim dunlop jimi hendrix fuzz, their the bet ive played on
Archbishop of Zeppelinism...

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.