I've been playing for about 2 years now, and I'm actually starting to get serious.
I'm not a bad guitarest, I know the basics and a little more, but I can't get my pinky to do what I want it to do. I made the mistake of learning without it and now I'm paying for it. Does anyone know any good exercises for building pinky strength? And if so, how long should I do it for and how long will it take to build the strength? Thanks.
Try to stick strictly to the one-finger-per-fret rule, I would reccomend practicing scales like so:
Dorian Mode
|---|-1-|---|-3-|-4-|
|---|-1-|---|-3-|-4-|
|-1-|-2-|---|-4-|---|
|-1-|-2-|---|-4-|---|
|---|-1-|---|-3-|---|
|---|-1-|---|-3-|-4-|

The numbers are the fingers you use, so 4 is your little finger. (I hate the word pinky lol)
Just try basic chromatics up and down the fretboard. Do this for about 20 minutes a day and your pinky will be strong in no time.
Quote by It'sForTheBest
Those cameras are really cool. I'm watching a parking lot right now.

Quote by SynGates7X
alright, you need to tell me how you get the shits to come out
Quote by AC/zeppelin/DC
Just try basic chromatics up and down the fretboard. Do this for about 20 minutes a day and your pinky will be strong in no time.

So do you mean the whole 1234, 1234, etc. thing?
Try doing trills between your pinky and you ring finger, and pinky and all the other fingers this really kills your pinky but its good to build strength. You should be doing this like all the time eg. whenever you're watching TV or something just sit there with a guitar doing this.