Hey

I'm planning on getting a new guitar some time in the next few weeks, I know exactly what I want, a Mahogany body, EMGs (81 at the neck, 85 at the bridge) and a Floyd Rose. The only problem is Im on a budget of about £400 so I can't get it all at one.

So I can't decide whether I should get an ESP-LTD MH-400 second hand and have a Floyd Rose fitted at Christmas, or an Ibanez S520 EX or an Ibanez RG 42DFXF (or 42DX, what's the difference?) and have EMGs fitted at Christmas.

Any reccomendations? Thanks fro reading
The MH-400 neck is slightly a bit thicker than the Wizard II on Ibanezs u wanted, that you have to consider. Also, MH-400 and RGT42DXFX has painted necks, the MH-400 is set-thru whilst the RGT42DXFX is a neck-thru, the S520EX has smooth unfinished neck. You gotta try both out yourself and see whether you like 'em.

If i were you, i'd get the LTD MH-400 coz im kinda bored with Ibanez's nowadays look. Also, those LFR is Schaller's Licensed i think, which shouldnt be a problem, but just incase it does, its a direct swap to an OFR. The RGT42DXFX are filthy expensive coz its neck thru, and has 2-tone sharktooth inlays. About the S520, its great and all, but the range of the ZR tremolo isnt as far as a normal Floyd Rose and you still have to add about couple of hundred bucks to fit some EMGs in 'em.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Thanks.

I've tried most of them out, and I'm going to Manchester in a few days so the rest should be in various shops there so I'll be able to see how they play
...when you got your new guitar....

duh~!?....
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
yeah, and swappable to 2003 edge pro, but it blows serious cash
Thats what she said...
UGmusic