Page 1 of 3
I've searched UG and I don't think I've found a sole thread for him, although I realise he's made his name with many UGers anyway. So forgive me if there has been one or any other reasons why you may need to close this thread.

I like Jerry C a lot. Most know him as the unknown prodigy who played Canon Rock. I've looked at his other pieces and I consider him to have high potential to capture mainstream light. He may not be the world's cleanest sweeper but I like how he creates his melody so that it's not just your average, boring shred. I was listening to Whose Autumn a while ago on You Tube and I love the way he plays, his Satriani influence in undeniable. Anyway, just how far do you think he will get in the near future?
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by GoodNite_AmyLee at Aug 15, 2006,
That song's lovely. I've failed miserably to compose anything that shows my Satch influence, but he's hit the nail on the head.

You can already tell by the comments on his YouTube vids that he appeals to more than just guitar players and he has somewhat of a following.

This is the first time I've heard anything other than Canon Rock, and I'm liking it.
Thanks for not flaming. I was expecting a flame fest. Yeah, Canon Rock is way over rated now but the studio version is so much better than the current live one.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

I'd flame, but I feel there is no reason to. He is over rated, and absolutely nothing special or deserving of being in the forum imo. That is all I have to say.
Quote by Yespleasevicar
NevermorePsalm thank you for showing me how clever and witty one person can be in just a few sentances. My God i wanna be like u so much! In fact we all do. Well done

Steven Wilson and Mikael Akerfeldt own my soul.
Well, he's quite successful there in taiwan, so he still got fans that'll support him and attend his concert/gig. His song is good and worth listening again, but not too much though, or else it'll get boring fast.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
I think he's a bedroom shredder like everyone of us who's nothing special but got a break and a little too much limelight...
'At its best, it represents total freedom of musical expression, unfettered by technical limitations.'-Guthrie Govan on shredding
people like him because he plays what he wants to play. He's just inspirational

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
^So do almost all of us. Whats so inspirational about that?
'At its best, it represents total freedom of musical expression, unfettered by technical limitations.'-Guthrie Govan on shredding
Quote by xxdarrenxx
people like him because he plays what he wants to play. He's just inspirational

Inspirational to who? I've yet to hear or see anyone who says they were "inspired by Jerry C, the bedroom shredder(like virtually everyone else here)"

I know I, for one, am certainly not "inspired" by him
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
dude you're so "oppervlakkig" what's the english word i dunno. it's just people like what he does. IF people like it it's inspirational cause it gets in to you. Unless you listen it because everyone listens it. Inspiration exists in other forms not only then guitar playing.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by xxdarrenxx
dude you're so "oppervlakkig" what's the english word i dunno. it's just people like what he does. IF people like it it's inspirational cause it gets in to you. Unless you listen it because everyone listens it. Inspiration exists in other forms not only then guitar playing.

I never said it was only guitar playing. Please point out where in my explanation that I said "inspired to play guitar", "inspired their guitar playing", or any variations of the sort. You can't, because I didn't say it in any form. I used "inspired by him" in a general sense which could relate to any form of inspired. And to my knowledge thus far, as I said, no one that I am aware of has said they have been "inspired by him" in any way, shape, or form.

Now about what I underlined: I,personally, didn't listen to him because it "got in to me". I listened to it because I was curious to hear his playing. And for me, it is just "meh". As paddyo pointed out, he's just like any player on this site but he got circulated more around the web.'

So much for that thoery.
Quote by Resiliance

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Agreed. Any one can be inspirational. If you find nothing inspirational about him, speak for yourself. Other people are. A lot of people find it hard to describe the inspiration coming from a piece of music. If it makes you in awe and makes you want to play better than your current performance, then it is inspirational.

I understand what you're coming from and unfortunately, I can't explain it very well. I don't exactly what to start a fight here. Hopefully, we can let this all pass.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

ok wel first cut the wikipedia-iash explantion about what i said.

Why did he circulate more then because of his "great marketing" or because that's just the way it is. He has a style which a lot of people can relate to and are inspired by as of listening to it. He's not just a bedroom guitarist. It flows out more naturally as the rest and although i'm not fond of his playing i can see what people see in him. Just lik eblink 182 everyone hates them but i know why they're so big and it's not only marketing. People just liked the humour and stuff and how they are.

Because he's in a bedroom doesn't make him another bedroom guitarist. I can see this guy playing live, i mean it's not like he plays worse if he sits on the toilet or in the livingroom. So stop with the stereotype "Bedroom guitarist quote thingy".

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Aug 15, 2006,
^ He has played live before with his band. He hasn't broken outside of Asia yet but he's pretty big where he comes from - Taiwan, AKA Republic of China.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by xxdarrenxx
ok wel first cut the wikipedia-iash explantion about what i said.

Why did he circulate more then because of his "great marketing" or because that's just the way it is. He has a style which a lot of people can relate to and are inspired by as of listening to it. He's not just a bedroom guitarist. It flows out more naturally as the rest and although i'm not fond of his playing i can see what people see in him. Just lik eblink 182 everyone hates them but i know why they're so big and it's not only marketing. People just liked the humour and stuff and how they are.

Because he's in a bedroom doesn't make him another bedroom guitarist. I can see this guy playing live, i mean it's not like he plays worse if he sits on the toilet or in the livingroom. So stop with the stereotype "Bedroom guitarist quote thingy".

No....just...no. Uh-uh, I'm not even touching that. I'll leave you to your delusions, as you obviously don't know what you are talking about. I'll let someone else pick that disaster apart.
Quote by Resiliance

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
On this song he's heavilly Vai Influenced

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Vai? I'd say more Satriani
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

well then explain why everybody knows him and virtually no one you

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
i don't know the phrasing is but technique wise and how he picks the note and the whole whammy bar techniques. Straight out of Vai's Book.:P

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by xxdarrenxx
well then explain why everybody knows him and virtually no one you

1) "everybody" does not know who he is. I can ask at least 100 of the people I know and they will not know who Jerry C is.

2) "virtually no one knows me" because I am a)not very good, b)don't have an video footage posted on a frequently used video search engine or websites, and c)don't give a damn how well know I am.
Quote by Resiliance

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Non Inspiring he says. Yeah sure it must be a coincidence that all kind of people want to play what jerry c plays and make videos of it. That's inpiration straight in yo face.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
that's right but that's not a good example cause i can say the same with vai even with michael jackson or any other artist.

I say ask everyone and then more people know him as of his music and find it inspiring cause they want to play like him.

About the video. Toni ljoret has maybe the most vids all over the net and he isn't that big as him. Maybe alot of him know him as the annonying " use vai and petrucii as his keywords so he's show up with every match" or something. I think if Jerry C has good marketing he can get very far.

But this is all about how he was according to you "not inspirational for people" or just like the comment from the other guy "He's the same as us".

WEll i showed he's a inspiration for alot of people. Just like the brookers girl from youtube. She has a record with a film company or whatever now and she was also "Just like every person with vids"

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Aug 15, 2006,
Quote by xxdarrenxx
Non Inspiring he says. Yeah sure it must be a coincidence that all kind of people want to play what jerry c plays and make videos of it. That's inpiration straight in yo face.

And guess what kind of people are playing it? Bedroom guitarists! Which is what he is. Plain and simple. No different than anyone one of us. And not to ego-boost, but there are quite a few better players here on this site alone, who have inspired me.

And just so you know, there is a difference between "inpiration" and covering a song.

I'm done with this now. This is a stupid thing to argue about. I'll leave you to your vague assumptions and delusionary thoughts.
Quote by Resiliance

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
yeah but as soon as people want to play things of him or as him it's inspirational. And notice the world doesn't revolve around ug. The other guy said he's getting quite some response in Taiwan

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
I fall asleep listening to his stuff and don't really get what all the fuss is about.

xxdarrenxx: what are you trying to prove?

And "oppervlakkig" means shallow, by the way
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
i don't want to prove anything i Just got attacked at the beginning when i say he's a inspiration. (my first post in this thread)

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by xxdarrenxx
i don't want to prove anything i Just got attacked at the beginning when i say he's a inspiration. (my first post in this thread)

I didn't attack you. I said he wasn't inspirational(on the magnitude you were making him out to be, which is fact). You made a big deal out of it. Just because he may be inspirational to you, it does not apply to everyone else that way.
Quote by Resiliance

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
I'm inclined to agree with Sin here.

Calm the f00k down.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Click.
I like him, but he is not as inspirational as some of the more famous guitarists. He's just a very popular bedroom shredder.

Like that Toni Lloret guy.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist
Yeah listen to Apoc. He knows what he's talking about.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
yeah true but I just said one line.

I mean i see Why people like him and i don't like his stuff either but i said he's just an inspiration to some people. I did not blow up; I only told the facts. But okay as far as i'm concerned i'm finished.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
^Yeah but making a statement like that is as effective as saying "some people like cheese".
Its stating something thats taken for granted and there was no need for any of the last page of bickering(as practically everyone including US himself has mentioned!)..
Just listened to Whose Autumn..

I think he's great and has loads of talent and potential. In another time and place, he could be a huge star.

However, like others have said.. he is merely on par with hundreds (thousands?) of other bedroom guitarists today, composing Vai/Satch-like tunes to show off for their webcam.
Quote by SuburbanCowboy
Just listened to Whose Autumn..

I think he's great and has loads of talent and potential. In another time and place, he could be a huge star.

However, like others have said.. he is merely on par with hundreds (thousands?) of other bedroom guitarists today, composing Vai/Satch-like tunes to show off for their webcam.

Well listen, we've all got to start somewhere. This dude has gone on tour all over Asia and has caught some attention from the West. How do you know he's put them up on youtube? He's got them on his site - www.jerryc.tw. Someone could have uploaded it and that's a fair point. That doesn't make him second best. I'm getting really sick of tons of people judging guitarists just because they happen to shred in their bedroom. Who the **** cares? Does that mean they're nothing special? No it doesn't. I hope some people will actually make out what i'm trying to say.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by xxdarrenxx
yeah true but I just said one line.

I mean i see Why people like him and i don't like his stuff either but i said he's just an inspiration to some people. I did not blow up; I only told the facts. But okay as far as i'm concerned i'm finished.

I'd just like to point out there is no such thing as a Cmaj7add9 chord. (Referring to your user-title... )
Quote by GoodNite_AmyLee
Well listen, we've all got to start somewhere. This dude has gone on tour all over Asia and has caught some attention from the West. How do you know he's put them up on youtube? He's got them on his site - www.jerryc.tw. Someone could have uploaded it and that's a fair point. That doesn't make him second best. I'm getting really sick of tons of people judging guitarists just because they happen to shred in their bedroom. Who the **** cares? Does that mean they're nothing special? No it doesn't. I hope some people will actually make out what i'm trying to say.

I really enjoy him.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist
Yeah listen to Apoc. He knows what he's talking about.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
Bah, he's a good guitarist. It's been said. I've already said "nothin special" cause he isn't. I have rarely seen anything special come from "bedroom" shredders. So what I want to saty is ya know, let opinions be, state yours, don't flip out and rape another person's comment until it no longer resembles the original statement.
Quote by Yespleasevicar
NevermorePsalm thank you for showing me how clever and witty one person can be in just a few sentances. My God i wanna be like u so much! In fact we all do. Well done

I do hope you know that the term bedroom-shredder doesn't literally mean he shreds in his bedroom...

Click.
Quote by Resiliance
I do hope you know that the term bedroom-shredder doesn't literally mean he shreds in his bedroom...

I do hope you know you really need think of who you're talking to. Of course I do.
Quote by Yespleasevicar

Quote by NevermorePsalm
I do hope you know you really need think of who you're talking to. Of course I do.

So do I... Because it wasn't you.

Click.
Page 1 of 3