i can't find a fender '69 mustang anywhere, i no fender hav stopped making thm, but if any 1 nos a shop in the U.K or a website where i cn find 1 tht would b gd
my books myspace
Here
read it, new chapter added every 2 weeks
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"
I think fender japan might still make reissues, they actually have an original at my local music store for about 600 bucks, its definately not worth it quality wise, I guess its priced high because of vintage value.
I gotta say though, if your going for a kurt sound, you'll need to put a humbucker in the bridge, and that ruins the look and, IMO, the sound too.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
http://www.ishibashi-music.com/fenderjp/

They sell a lot of what's left unavailable to the states, like the Mustang.
It also has some MIJ Strats which are really good compared to say, MIM. Some are even better than the MIA's.

To zekk, he doesn't HAVE to put a humbucker in the bridge. Kurt kept his original Lake Placid Blue Competition Mustang stock and that's mostly what he used, outside of the stray MIM, MIJ Strat. I mean, there were a couple Strats and 'Stangs he put humbuckers in, but you can tweak for that sound.

I would have to say though, Mustangs are PWN. I tried 2 of them a little ways back and I still think they have been some of the better guitars I've tried, including an Iceman and MIJ Strat.
Quote by SuperAnalytical
http://www.ishibashi-music.com/fenderjp/

They sell a lot of what's left unavailable to the states, like the Mustang.
It also has some MIJ Strats which are really good compared to say, MIM. Some are even better than the MIA's.

To zekk, he doesn't HAVE to put a humbucker in the bridge. Kurt kept his original Lake Placid Blue Competition Mustang stock and that's mostly what he used, outside of the stray MIM, MIJ Strat. I mean, there were a couple Strats and 'Stangs he put humbuckers in, but you can tweak for that sound.

I would have to say though, Mustangs are PWN. I tried 2 of them a little ways back and I still think they have been some of the better guitars I've tried, including an Iceman and MIJ Strat.

{nirvanafreak}Around the recording time of Inutero Kurt had his guitar tech equip ALL of his guitars with humbuckers. At the time of the tour one Lake Placid blue mustang never came out of the box, and was never modified.{/nirvanafreak}

yeh i don't want a humbucker or anything, i'm already thinkin if i find 1 i'll b spending enough money on it alone, it's gonna b my second guitar n i'm not sure if i'm jumping forward a bit too far
my books myspace
Here
read it, new chapter added every 2 weeks
And besides the single is fucking sexy!