Hey all, I'm just wondering if anybody knows the best settings to use for Rammstein like distortion and reverb?
My Gear

BC Rich Warlock
Austin Acoustic-Electric
Line 6 150w 2x12 Flextone III
Line 6 POD XT Live
I got a pretty decent Rammstein tone using my Guitar Port using the Line 6 Insane amp model. It's not a 100% match for their tone, but certainly gives a tone that works really well for Rammstein.

Here's a clip I did of Sonne some time ago:

http://home.cogeco.ca/~sadtbuttrue-band2/Washburn_sbt-21/Sonne_new.wma

If you like what you hear, I can post my GP preset when I get home and you can try it with your POD.

DISCLAIMER: I don't speak German, so I apologize in advance to any Germans or German-speaking peeps for messing up your language in this song.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Well i know Rammstein will record over 7 times layered guitar parts jsut to get a ass-walloping wall of tone. A Good Humbucker and amp settings as such(in the number/% not o'clock.)

High:6.5
Mid:3
Bass:8
Gain:9

Just want some good bottom end, older songs before Reise, Reise stay in normal tuning. Reise, Reise to Present CDCFAD.
Last edited by stevendavis at Aug 15, 2006,
yea, they have a huge sound so they probably have like 463782654236 guitar tracks on one song.
PWning N00bs Today!
Yeah, their sound is the product of overdubbing craploads of guitar tracks, so it's pretty hard to replicate live.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by Crunchmeister
I got a pretty decent Rammstein tone using my Guitar Port using the Line 6 Insane amp model. It's not a 100% match for their tone, but certainly gives a tone that works really well for Rammstein.

Here's a clip I did of Sonne some time ago:

http://home.cogeco.ca/~sadtbuttrue-band2/Washburn_sbt-21/Sonne_new.wma

If you like what you hear, I can post my GP preset when I get home and you can try it with your POD.

DISCLAIMER: I don't speak German, so I apologize in advance to any Germans or German-speaking peeps for messing up your language in this song.

Thats actually a pretty good tone for that song. Sure, just PM me about the preset.
My Gear

BC Rich Warlock
Austin Acoustic-Electric
Line 6 150w 2x12 Flextone III
Line 6 POD XT Live
If you had the Wall Of Marshalls like at Hammersmith Odeon. (SP) Maybe, but Krupse and Landers said in a Guitarworld interview that Mutter was over dubbed 14 times per guitar track, so were looking at 28 stereo tracks of guitar alone, again ASS-WALLOPING! When i saw them in berlin it was just loud, not as ass-walloping as blasting it through a home stereo.