Which solos would you recomend the good people of UG to learn? I would definatly recomend everyone learn the solo to dani california, and to Bat country, and of course Master of Puppets. How bout you?
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
In My Dreams - Dokken

Eruption - Van Halen
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Dream theater - As I Am

Pantera - Domination

Iced Earth - Ghost Of Freedom

definitely must know solos
Member #15 of the 'Guitarists born in 1991 club' PM blues_rocker greendayguitar or gdm09 to join.
Quote by cockzit
I also told a girl I knew how to make bombs and I was suspended from school. I hate snitches, I swear.

LOLZNESS
the short little solo in Paradise City (GNR) at the beginning, and if you're up for it the longer solo. I'm not really sure how many solos there are in that song
Fade to Black Intro and i suppose the main solo.
The intro is good to get you started solo as i have found, then you can move onto greater things,
the shadows - apache is like one giant amazing guitar solo about indians, cant beat it
Archbishop of Zeppelinism...

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

Back in Black and You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
any Metallica, Iron Maiden, Van Halen, Pantera, Megadeth, or Slayer. although almost all of the solos by any of them are very difficult
Quote by metal4me
any Metallica, Iron Maiden, Van Halen, Pantera, Megadeth, or Slayer. although almost all of the solos by any of them are very difficult

Bollocks are they, Metallica solo's are easy, especially after you nail one or two, Iron Maiden stuff is not overly difficult, Van Halen is the sam but with lots of tapping and harmonics, a lot of Pantera solo's are difficult but not impossible and Megadeth is the same.

There's no point in learning Slayer solo's, as opposed to the basic form of them and making it up.

Besides which, there's little point learning solo's if you can't play the whole song as if you just start playing them live; sans song, someone is going to get up and kick you in the teeth.
Must know solos...

Stairway
Crazy Train
Comfortably Numb

None of these are extreme but when you try to get the sound and feel just right you'll see they're pretty demanding.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Audioslave - Show Me How To Live
Tool - Jambi
Pantera - I'm Broken
Coheed & Cambria - Welcome Home
Quote by Mascot
yuR a fAggit
Metallica's Bleeding me is pretty good. I dont know about MUST KNOW, but one of the better one's out there.
If you're in the guitar store noodling around, then:
Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
Santana - Oye Como va (I think thats how its spelled)
AC/DC - Shook Me
Led Zep - Heartbreaker
Ozzy - Crazy Train
Prince - Lets Go Crazy
ZZ Top - La Grange
G N R - Sweet Child
Stairway, dani california, crazy train, sweet child o' mine, etc.
My Gear:

Epi Les Paul Standard
Fender 48th Street Strat
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Martin Koa Acoustic
Some crappy unnamed bass
Hanger 18 - Megadeth

Through the Fire and Flames - Dragonforce

Mr. Crowely - Ozzy

Evil Eye - Yngwie Malmsteen

Far Beyond The Sun - Yngwie Malmsteen

JACKSON

AND YNGWIE UNLEASHES THE FOCKING FURY ON YOU FOR SPELLING HIS NAME WRONG!!!!!!
Quote by ch715dallat
Fade to Black Intro and i suppose the main solo.
The intro is good to get you started solo as i have found, then you can move onto greater things,

Definetly agree.
AC/DC - You Shook Me

Rush - YYZ
"Isn't it amazing anything's accomplished
When the little sensation gets in your way
Not one ambition whisperin' over your shoulder
Isn't it amazing you can do anything " - Gord Downie

From the song " Fireworks"
Quote by edg
I don't get these lists. To me, "must know" depends on the music you like and
what you want to play. So far I'd put just about everything listed on my "don't
care to know" list. I've been playing a long time now, so I don't think they're very
"must know" at all.

So what exactly to you is must know?
Jazz?
Blues?
Quote by edg
I don't get these lists. To me, "must know" depends on the music you like and
what you want to play. So far I'd put just about everything listed on my "don't
care to know" list. I've been playing a long time now, so I don't think they're very
"must know" at all.

+1000000000000000000...0000001

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
Quote by demea
So what exactly to you is must know?
Jazz?
Blues?

None really. For technique, specific exerices that focus on a technique work better
than learning a song. Since I mostly just improvise, I can play along to pretty much
any rock song. That's what I like to do. I just want to get better at it.
No one has mentioned:

Time - Pink Floyd

Isn't that one of the awesom-est solos ever?!? Maybe it's just me...
Most demanding:
Stairway
Crazy Train
Paradise City (or Sweet Child)
Master of Puppets

i could go on, but i just feel lazy.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
steely dan - reelin in the years intro solo is one of my all time favorites
"No one ? and I repeat, no one ? has ever died for a flag. See, a flag ... is just a piece of cloth. They may have died for freedom, which is also the freedom to burn the f*ckin' flag, see. That's freedom." - Bill Hicks
i agree with 'time'--although i think alot of the awesomeness is also the lyrics and the rest of the song too.
While a agree in part with edg, I'm not certain that isn't elitist thinking. There's nothing wrong with learning the classic solos and gaining an appreciation for what it takes to get them to sound right. Simply knowing notes isn't the same as getting the right sound and feel as the original.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Dire Straights-Sultans Of Swing
Gary Moore-Still Got The Blues
John Petrucci-Jaws Of Life
Dream Theater-Hollow Years (LAB Version)
U2-New Year's Day
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
I think some of the guys on here are taking these threads too seriously. Really, its just a bunch of dumbass' (me included) talking about stuff like we normally would if we were in the same room with one another and are into the same stuff.
Like, "Hey, whats your favorite song?" or "Oh you like Audioslave? Whats your favorite solo?".
I'm not so sure every new thread in the forums has to be so mind boggling that you need to think about your response for 3 hours.

By the way, whats your favorite guitarist...
freebird, that way when people heckle u, u know how to play it so yeah...
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.