i was in a music store yesterday and played 2 different alverez's. The first was used and was only $160 (is it worth it?). Then i picked up an acoustic-electric alverez and played it ($400). Are alverez's good acoustics? Im sure they arent like Taylor's or Martins. Ive been playing electric for 2 years and want a change...help. Oh yea BTW im all up for any other suggestions in the price range. ~$450 usd.
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
I have an Alvarez Regent, about a $200 dollar classical guitar. I think they're alright, there are better guitars out there, but I haven't played any steel stringed ones yet. So just go to a music store and try comparing to different brands such as Takamine, Eko, and the like. If there's one that has a better feel to it, better sound, and you suspect it won't bust up the first month within your price range, buy it.
my cousin has an alvarez guitar and he likes it pretty well. i've played his and i think its a pretty good one.
Alvarez makes awesome guitars. Alvarez Yairis go toe to toe with Martin and Taylor, in my opinion..with the difference being they are made in Japan instead of the USA. However, in the $450 range, my pick would probably be with one of the Seagull S6 variants. Your best bet, however, is to go to your local shop and play everything in your price range, along with a couple just out of it. Then pick from there...usually when it comes down to two guitars, its between personal preference.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
It would be a great help to know the model numbers and vintage of the Alvarez guitars in question. But in general, I've owned a few Alvarez acoustics and LOVED them. IMO Alvarez makes a decent quaility guitar w/a very nice tone. Whenever I'm guitar shopping I ALWAYS look at the Alvarez's. And I've bought a few.
Ihave an RD8C Alvarez Acu-elec. I LOVE it. Great brite sound, nice and full. Lovely action as well. I would highlight recommend this guitar. Comes with a hard case too
yea...this has the elec-acou has teh thinist acoustic neck i have ever played.
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
I've wondered, why don't Guitar Center sell Alvarez? MusiciansFriend does, but GC does not. And there's a GC 10min drive from me(However I havent checked personally to see if IT has them, but the site does not).
Quote by LilVikingboy
I've wondered, why don't Guitar Center sell Alvarez? MusiciansFriend does, but GC does not. And there's a GC 10min drive from me(However I havent checked personally to see if IT has them, but the site does not).

I've asked them the same question. They say its no different from any of the other guitar brands they carry, to which I scream BS. But thats the way stuff goes. The only "big" store that carries them near me is a chain called Daddy's Junky Music. I believe they are just in New England and New York though. When I bought mine, it came from an independent shop. Your best bet is to just go on their website and search for a dealer.

EDIT: The only Alvarez I've seen in a Guitar Center is a used one.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.