Poll: Who is your favorite bassist?
Poll Options
View poll results: Who is your favorite bassist?
Steve Harris (Iron Maiden)
3 7%
Duff McKagen (Guns n' Roses, Velvet Revolver)
2 4%
Gene Simmons (KISS)
0 0%
Cliff Burton (Metallica)
6 13%
Flea (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
9 20%
Geddy Lee (Rush)
6 13%
John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin)
4 9%
Lemmy Kilmister (Motorhead)
0 0%
Mike Dirnt (Green Day)
1 2%
Other
14 31%
Voters: 45.
Who is your favorite bassist? You can pick any of the guys above, or other if you like someone else. I picked Steve Harris, but I think that most people probably like Flea or Cliff Burton, if they don't pick other.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Last edited by Gibson_SG_uzr55 at Aug 15, 2006,
Quote by Spade1
At the moment I cant think of that many, but I would have to say Justin chancellor and Cliff Burton

Who is Justin Chancellor?
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
flea,joca pastorious and tim commerford
Quote by ihatemetal
Fallout boy with Tom Delonge on vocals would be the ultimate supergroup

you my friend, are an idiot
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Who is Justin Chancellor?

The bassist of tool, I love how you can ACTUALLY HERE his bass in the mix, its right out in front, and in most cases his bass lines are more complex then adam jones' (Tool guitarist) guitar riffs, Or in the case of adams more complex parts justins bass is sync'd right with him, And his been known to use a digitech whammy to raise his bass a octave and do Guitar like solos,
Last edited by Spade1 at Aug 15, 2006,
Cliff Burton. that man was a god on the bass and he inspired me to play bass.
Member 3 of Geddy Lee Fan Club. PM timmEH or RIC4003 to join

Member of Bass militia. PM Dinkydaisy to join

Cliff Burton is my idol. R.I.P

MegaBassPlayer's band of the week: Bound For Glory
My favourite is John Alec Entwistle. Also know as the Ox. RIP.
Guitars:
1997 Guild Bluesbird
Gibson Les Paul Bfg
Acoustics
Ibanez GSR200FM Bass
Amps:
Bugera V55HD w/avatar cab
Fender Champ 600 with 4 ohm cab
70s traynor 200w head with 2 9x8 cabs for bass
Quote by Spade1
The bassist of tool, I love how you can ACTUALLY HERE his bass in the mix, its right out in front, and in most cases his bass lines are more complex then adam jones' (Tool guitarist) guitar riffs, Or in the case of adams more complex parts justins bass is sync'd right with him, And his been known to use a digitech whammy to raise his bass a octave and do Guitar like solos,

That's why I like Steve Harris
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
also I like Cliff burton the same resson I like Justin chancellor, His bass can be clearly heard over the mix, and his bass lines can be very complex and fast at times, Theres a vid of him
on youtube Doing a mad bass solo!, (side note: I cant forget John paul jones)
Last edited by Spade1 at Aug 15, 2006,
^This is the reason's I picked these guys. They are my favorites, and can be easily heard, even Mike Dirnt.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Please don't leave w/o voting. I only have a few people who voted, and it says several have checked it out. It'll only take like 10 seconds, and I'm trying to have as many people vote as possible.To those who did vote, I thank you.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I love chris wolstenhome of muse, he is a great bassist, uses a great varirty of styles, writes awesome riffage (hysteria, time is runing out, Hyper Music and Darkshines) and he uses great effects to give them a lasting memory on you.
I had to pick other, Ryan Martinie of mudvayne is my favorite
You can't spell slaughter without laughter
Could a mod plz move this thread to the pit, I can get more info there.Plz and thank you, truckers.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by parker_muse
I love chris wolstenhome of muse, he is a great bassist, uses a great varirty of styles, writes awesome riffage (hysteria, time is runing out, Hyper Music and Darkshines) and he uses great effects to give them a lasting memory on you.

*agrees*
my favorite bassist is gonna have to be les claypool. the runner up would be trevor dunn. and some honerable montions go out to:

victor wooten
jaco pastorious
stanley clarke
geddy lee
tim commerford
cliff burton
steve harris
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
to be honest I think his hair looked awesome long, and he was quite sextastic to be honest... I'd do him

haha, you'd do me....

The Tim Sawyer of the Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Maybe it's just me, but I don't like flashy bassists. I like the guy that can lay it all down pat and let the guitarist do whatever he wants. That's why I picked JPJ. His lines are relatively basic but fit perfectly.
Not a lot of Geddy Lee fans. Or Steve Harris fans(I'm the only guy who voted for him, and it's my poll). And where's the love for Duff, Gene, Lemmy, and Mike?
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Geddy Lee no question
Co-Founder of The Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or timmEH to join

#1 Rush / Yes fan of The Bass Militia
PM Dinky to join

Founder of The Ernie Ball MusicMan owners club and proud owner of a Black Sapphire Bongo 4 HHp
PM me to join
Roger from Less Than Jake!! Good bass lines, some ska, some punk/rock and he has a lovely hair!! Nice bass and rig actually too! Shame he was a guitar player 1st!
Quote by Fozzie3000
Roger from Less Than Jake!! Good bass lines, some ska, some punk/rock and he has a lovely hair!! Nice bass and rig actually too! Shame he was a guitar player 1st!

He's my runner up, after Steve Harris. Roger lets Chris do the chords and makes what would be boring progressions into interesting ones. I'd say he puts most of the energy into their music.
Victor Wooten from Bela Fleck and the Fleck Tones. He kicks some major ass. You can see what i mena from this simple equation.

Victor Wooten > Everyone on that list combined.

Well at least IMO.
Member of the "On the Right Track" club. PM Michelangelo193 or raise_the_dead to see if they approve of your "On the Right Track"-ness
I am Spartikus

Tremulous name: <CD>Mustang?
Still no votes for Lemmy or Gene?
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
gene simmons is a horrible bassist imo. he is just some guy playing bass, and i have yet to see or hear anything impressive from him. However this thread is for favorite, not most talented bassist. but i would find it kind of sad if someone held him as a favorite, because it would probably be for his stage antics and costume, rather than basslines.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
to be honest I think his hair looked awesome long, and he was quite sextastic to be honest... I'd do him

haha, you'd do me....

The Tim Sawyer of the Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
only 1 other guy voted for Duff?!?!,
come on, you don't need a reason, He's Duff (the only one who is qualified to be "Duff-Man!)
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Not a lot of Geddy Lee fans. Or Steve Harris fans(I'm the only guy who voted for him, and it's my poll). And where's the love for Duff, Gene, Lemmy, and Mike?

hey, i'm a Geddy Lee fan. i just chose Cliff Burton because he's my idol.
Member 3 of Geddy Lee Fan Club. PM timmEH or RIC4003 to join

Member of Bass militia. PM Dinkydaisy to join

Cliff Burton is my idol. R.I.P

MegaBassPlayer's band of the week: Bound For Glory