I've been trolling the forums and seeing alot of people say that the Line 6 Spider II is a bad choice.

I got it for $120 and thought it was rather good, but now i'm starting to doubt it.

Should i return the Amp and get a different one?

If so, i needs to be around $120 as I do not have that much money. I didn't like the sound of the Marshalls. I play mostly classic rock-heavy rock and use pedals and a RP50 synthesizer.

Any suggestions?
if you thought it was good, and only doubted it when you read the comments then keep it. It's not about what other people think but if you like the tone
Naa, I don't usually go for reviews anymore, I'd say keep it. I would
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
i have the Spider II 75w and it cost about $300 when i got it but now its down around $200 in Musicians Friend. I loved that amp. i was a nice guy at my school talent show to this kid i ultimately hate and he screwed up my amp....but yeah...i was searching for the right distortion and that amp definately gave me the best one so far.
i have that exact same amp, and although it may sound a bit digital, you can achieve a decent tone if you get the settings right - besides, as a practice amp, it's not bad...wouldn't play it at a gig (i'll use my peavey, thank you very much), but it's still a good practice amp because you don't really have to buy any other effects and such
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
hey i still like my dinky bedroom marshall mg15dfx for screwin around and that is one of the top hated around here. like someone else said, gig amps are another story, but use what ya like.
Roland Cube
Vox Ad series
Fender Gdec
Epi Valve jr.

All solid options in your price range if you return the Spider. FWIW you may as well keep the line 6 and save up your money for a nice amp later.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
For that price and for what you need, it will do fine. Yeah, it's a ****ty amp, but it should serve you well. Once you get into a band though, you'll want something significantly better. Spiders do suck ass when you turn them up past bedroom practice levels.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by Mudder
Roland Cube
Vox Ad series
Fender Gdec
Epi Valve jr.

All solid options in your price range if you return the Spider. FWIW you may as well keep the line 6 and save up your money for a nice amp later.

yea, i keep drooling over the Roland Cube 60 or a Marshal half stack. Im saving my money for either an Ovation guitar (since i have two electric), or the Epi Zakk Wylde custom line guitar.

thanks for the input, you guys have been great. i'll stick with the spider II.