Page 1 of 4
Hi... i was biking with my guitar and it fell in a puddle of mud, i was like OH MAN and i whent home immediately and put it in a bucket of water and brushed all the crap of there with water and soap... i then let it dry and i plugged it in and it doesnt work anymore... what should i do??
PSN name = Barmanation
Quote by WantToLearn
i whent home immediately and put it in a bucket of water and brushed all the crap of there with water and soap

^big surprise its not working anymore. Take it to a tech, but even they may not be able to help. And in the future NEVER PUT YOUR GUITAR IN WATER! They are electric instruments. Electronics + water = BAD.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
u kind of remind me of AX7ownz for some reason.

first. u were biking with your guitar.
second. you didn't have a case.
third. you went home and gave your guitar a nice shower.
fourth. you probably plugged in a wet guitar into your amp.

well before taking it to the tech try blowdrying it and letting it get rid of the water first. It probably won't work but try anyways.
ch.ILL
Quote by long gone
u kind of remind me of AX7ownz for some reason.

first. u were biking with your guitar.
second. you didn't have a case.
third. you went home and gave your guitar a nice shower.
fourth. you probably plugged in a wet guitar into your amp.

well before taking it to the tech try blowdrying it and letting it get rid of the water first. It probably won't work but try anyways.

ok
PSN name = Barmanation
I feel my IQ lowering...
If its not the bucket of water you douched your guitar into.. try checking the cables in the back, maybe when you dropped it they came loose, youd have to resolder them.
Brazillian Thrash Massacre
hey it gives you an excuse to get all new electronics....call up bareknuckles now..hahahhhahhahahhaa...im an asshole
Playing more paintball and reading more books than playing guitar lately.
Quote by WantToLearn
Hi... i was biking with my guitar and it fell in a puddle of mud, i was like OH MAN and i whent home immediately and put it in a bucket of water and brushed all the crap of there with water and soap... i then let it dry and i plugged it in and it doesnt work anymore... what should i do??

Haha, dwaas.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
send the guitar to me and ill fix it.....maybe
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
funniest thing I read all day
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Quote by rockxwl
^big surprise its not working anymore. Take it to a tech, but even they may not be able to help. And in the future NEVER PUT YOUR GUITAR IN WATER! They are electric instruments. Electronics + water = BAD.

only partly true, most guitars a passive and therefore the electronics in them aren't that big a deal. The only impact water can have is a) corrosion and b) if the instrument isn't dry when you plug it into the amp the water may be causing wires to short circuit.

If the guitar is an active pickup driven guitar it becomes a bit trickier.

All in all no big deal, might just need the pickups changed, might just need to dry more. Corrosion and rust is a long term problem.

I wouldn't recommend allowing water inside your guitar though, wood can be pretty picky about moisture and could rot.
Marty
what the hell were you thincking and from a profesinal piont of view ITS F**Ked ok screwed get over it buy a new one
Quote by WantToLearn

I really wouldn't be surprised if you are joking....if not I stand corrected
why were you biking with ur guitar in the first place? and without a case? you have a deathwish for ur guitar?
My Gear:

Epi Les Paul Standard
Fender 48th Street Strat
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Martin Koa Acoustic
Some crappy unnamed bass
you go and while we

VOX AD50 VT+crappy "Fender" from COSTCO!=ok tone!
I need a new guitar
So i was just curious but what kind of guitar did you most likely destroy due to your complete and utter stupidity???

Sorry dude, i think you fucked your guitar.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
at least its a crappy guitar
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
2 suggestions.

1st. The easiest. Take it to a pro.

2nd. Repair it yourself. Their are tons of websites online about this subject. It's not terribly hard.

If its not worth much money, don't spend much on parts. Buy cheap stuff. Or just junk it and buy another guitar.

Take care of your guitar.
Quote by tubadude
at least its a crappy guitar

it certainly wasn't 'crap' and i know what im talking about, i've played a ****load of guitars
PSN name = Barmanation
I put it as a hyperlink in my sig
Quote by boredloserkid1
i have 3 balls n no penis..its called flopeouinesinea

Quote by Burpin'Worm
I'd suck off my grandad while getting bummed by my dad and tossed off by my brother for a million.
Page 1 of 4