What sub-genre are they?
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
early death metal. and yes, pestilence kiks ass. some cool **** from them.
i had one of their early ones a whole back, didnt dig it very much.
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
CHRONIC INFECTION!!

The album Consuming Impulse ****ing slays, but due to all the lineup changes crap, I think it was their only good one.
As a result of listing <><'s reports I was banned.

Quote by God Book
#2. Banned by theguitarist (11/03/2006) - X D

Promise to shorten your sig and you'll be unbanned. This is what you get, lol.

HA!
Savage Band, I love Consuming Impulse, the vox are unreal. Testimony...... was a solid album, but I didnt get the interludes between each song, kinda pointless. Ive yet to hear Malleus Malleficarum and Spheres, but ive heard good things.
Quote by somepunkkid
*Waits for contraband*

Good band

Omgz, Pestilence > all your souls. Consuming Impulse and Testimony of the Ancients are a must have for any old school death metal fan. Spheres is meh and Malleus Malleficarum was a decent debut though. I recommend this band to anyone who isn't a pussy and can take the vocals. The vocals are just insane IMO, especially the 2nd part of Dehydrated, where van Drunen actually sounds like he needs water, and I love how it's so raspy and coarse. Then, I love the fact that they're melodic at times and brutal when needed. The only thing I would have changed is the fact that Presence of the Dead has no real solo.
I've found Jesus
Quote by Contraband
Omgz, Pestilence > all your souls. Consuming Impulse and Testimony of the Ancients are a must have for any old school death metal fan. Spheres is meh and Malleus Malleficarum was a decent debut though. I recommend this band to anyone who isn't a pussy and can take the vocals. The vocals are just insane IMO, especially the 2nd part of Dehydrated, where van Drunen actually sounds like he needs water, and I love how it's so raspy and coarse. Then, I love the fact that they're melodic at times and brutal when needed. The only thing I would have changed is the fact that Presence of the Dead has no real solo.

Agreed
Pestilence is great. I haven't really looked into them but I've heard a couple of their tunes. I recommened Youtubing "Out of the Body". Vox have an early Death feel.
Hail Satan

Gear:
Yamaha RGX220
Peavey 5150
Trohak Cabinet (w/ Eminence speakers)
Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Roadster
Marshall Mg15
They're alright I guess. Nothing all that special.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
Quote by AcidBath443
They're alright I guess. Nothing all that special.

I agree. Nothing original about what they're doing but its still good
Quote by Contraband
Was original at the time.

Thats true. TBH i'd never actually looked into the band, just heard some songs. Didn't realise they were from that long ago.
Quote by *'-'*
Thats true. TBH i'd never actually looked into the band, just heard some songs. Didn't realise they were from that long ago.

If you heard some stuff from Spheres or Malleus Malleficarum then that truly doesn't encompass who they are, especially Malleficarum. Spheres was a sort of experimental thing following in the footsteps of Cynic's Focus of the same year, and the bands' attempt at jazz fusion with death metal. This is where they disbanded due to musical differences. Malleus Malleficarum was more thrash metal with growling in my opinion. Songs like Proliferous Souls off Consuming Impulse, which established them in the death metal world truly, and Stigmatized off their second classic Testimony of the Ancients are really tracks that show the creative aspects of Pestilence and the sheer brutality that the unique production forged with the great vocals can reach.
I've found Jesus
k. I'll definately check out Proliferous Souls and Stigmatized then
I like all their albums. Consuming Impulse is probably my favourite though.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Pretty good stuff from what I've heard. I need to get some more though
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by xolax
Lake of Tears is one sweet-ass song. One of my faves.

Do you mean Land Of Tears? Im not being a prick, maybe Lake Of Tears is on Spheres or Malleus Maleficarum
Quote by Stranglehold
Do you mean Land Of Tears? Im not being a prick, maybe Lake Of Tears is on Spheres or Malleus Maleficarum

Sh1t, my bad. I did mean Land of Tears...
woot! Testimony of the ancients!! Obituary meets Death deelish
JOHN has his HANonmyCOCK
If you've ever used Soulseek, the Thrash Metal room should be renamed to the "Pestilence Fellation room".

CHRONIC INFECTION!!
As a result of listing <><'s reports I was banned.

Quote by God Book
#2. Banned by theguitarist (11/03/2006) - X D

Promise to shorten your sig and you'll be unbanned. This is what you get, lol.

HA!