I looked back through into the recent pages and i couldn't find a topic on this so ive started one!
Do you have any effects?
If so, which?
Pros, Cons?
Ill start
Boss ODB-3
Awesome pedal, great variety in sounds. Good natural overdrive, heavy fuzz and volume pedal usage. Built like a tank, would definately use without a backup.
Nothing bad!
i use a very basic guitar amp for distortion. it's good for solos and stuff but i don't use it for accuall songs.
Member 3 of Geddy Lee Fan Club. PM timmEH or RIC4003 to join

Member of Bass militia. PM Dinkydaisy to join

Cliff Burton is my idol. R.I.P

MegaBassPlayer's band of the week: Bound For Glory
Ibanez PD7

pro's: with a good bass and amp, you can go from a slight OD to full on heavy metal gained to hell distortion.
Cons: useless Attack switch, Eats batteries, mine smells of burnt PCB
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by IndieMetalhead
Ibanez PD7

pro's: with a good bass and amp, you can go from a slight OD to full on heavy metal gained to hell distortion.
Cons: useless Attack switch, Eats batteries, mine smells of burnt PCB

Yeah, I have the same thing, but I bought the AC Adapter for it, and I have no problems with the smell. But if you set the EQ right on everything, then it has some awesome distortion. However, I usually don't use it because I can't get it to do the light fuzz sound I'd like (might just be my amp).
Morley Black Gold Variable Wah/Volume (discontinued)

Pros - picks up the basses low frequencies quite well, has a full/short switch, can be used as a volume pedal
Cons - doesnt have a built in on/off control, it has a stomp button that turns it on(can be a bit of a hassle but easy to get used to)
Quote by mhylands
Yeah, I have the same thing, but I bought the AC Adapter for it, and I have no problems with the smell. But if you set the EQ right on everything, then it has some awesome distortion. However, I usually don't use it because I can't get it to do the light fuzz sound I'd like (might just be my amp).

It can't really do fuzz. AFAIK fuzz and OD are different things
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
The Boss V-Wah. It's the most versitile wah pedal I've ever used, and it works for guitar AND bass. For guitar, it can simulate a Vox, Morley, Crybaby, and it's own original sounding wah effects. For bass, it has a special bass channel, and can be turned to the others as well. The voice channel sounds particularly groovy, as does the custom one. You can also use it as a distortion pedal using the memory functions on it. AND it was only $120.
Digitech Bass Driver

Pros-Very versatile, anything from OD to Fuzz, ability to boost/cut highs and lows and control the amount of saturation of your distortion.

Cons- Eats batteries like nobody's business. Overcolors your bass sound with distortion if not set right.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
ive got:
Snarling Dawg's Bawl Buster Bass Wah
Digitech XMM Metal Master Heavy Metal Distortion

Pros:
They've added alot of range and sound to my growing bass abilities.
They make me feel professional.

Cons:
Distortion eats batteries like nothing and picks up every slide and scratch when i need quiet.
My rig isn't set up for the distortion.
boss psm-5

it just a master switch

boss ce-2

pros: fills out the sound more

cons: non i can think of

boss od-1

pros: good crunch nice over drive very good pedal

cons : slight buzz but only noticeable when you stop playing

boss bf-2
versatile good sound nice swoop

cons not gate/ pan like in the new ones bf-4 i believe but still a good pedal
boss oc-2
pros: fills out the lows if needed

cons: when u sustain a note it will cut of before the notes done like 1 second early some times

eh
deluxe electric mistress

versatile good sound nice swoop

cons not gate/ pan like in the new ones bf 4 i believe but still a good pedal

i have more effects but im lazy
MEMBER 6 OF I <3 Online Putt Putt Group
Puttsecks?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I like peni better. It sounds funnier.
"a group of naked guys jumped me, I have never seen so much peni ."
he likes peni

Captain of the Rage Against the Myspace Club. PM Bloody Mary to enlist.
electro harmonix bassballs envelope follower

pros- sounds funky as hell, sorta like an auto wah, works equally well on both guitar and bass

cons- short battery life, limited use (might come across as a novelty after a point)
Behringer Overdrive/distorion
pedal

pros-????

cons- drains batteries, sound horrible no matter what, kills tone even when off, its input broke so now it gets a big crackle sound every time i move, it's Pinkish purply, usually i have to step on it twice to get it to come on, and I don't think two of the four knobs actually even do anything.

I don't really like my pedal much.
Digitech BP80

Pros: Lot's of effects! Great for the jam session, or just goofing around trying to find effects you like. You should use this pedal to find the ones you like, and then invest in single pedals. I recommend Digitech for my pedals.

Cons: Not that great of quality for each effect. Like i said before, it gives you the general idea of each effect so you know what to buy in single pedals.

Digitech Death Metal Distortion:

Pros: HOLY ****.. loads of growling distortion, great for playing heavy double stops.

Cons: I've heard it eats batteries like a fat kid eats cake, so thats why i got the AC adapter. Also, pretty much destroys the bottom end.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Electro Harmonx Sovtek Big Muff

Pros-Dirty sounding as fuck.Built like a tank.Simple controls(Volume,Sustain,Tone).Pretty light.Can get a variety of awesome sounds

Cons-If not set right can sound like a total mess.No AC Adapter so you haveta use batteries,and no true bypass like the American model.
Quote by Your41Plague12
Digitech BP80

Digitech Death Metal Distortion:

Pros: HOLY ****.. loads of growling distortion, great for playing heavy double stops.

Cons: I've heard it eats batteries like a fat kid eats cake, so thats why i got the AC adapter. Also, pretty much destroys the bottom end.

What if you put an AC adapter and then use an equalizer to help the loss of the bottom end? how would it be on a scale from 1 to 10?