Soon I'm going to start my first guitar-customization project - "Girl in kimono". I have s**ty Ibanez RG 270, black. I want to sand it, paint white and add small picture of well... girl in kimono of course :-) Here is visualization: http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/7602/giguitarminiuh5.jpg
(sorry for bad quality - I'm not good in computer-paiting) My questions for you guys:
1. Does the project look good at all?
2. Isn't it to... hard to do for first time customizer? (my friend - who's studying arts is going to help me with girl's picture)
3. What hardware colours should I use? I'm planning gold bridge (egde pro of course :-), golden Schaller tuners, golden zero fret... And what about pickup rings? Gold, white or maybe black? (I'm going to put white DiMarzio Evolutions)
4. What about head? Should I leave it black, or maybe paint white too?
Last edited by incockgnito at Aug 15, 2006,
The graphic will be hard to paint, unless you are very skilled at painting. I think you should paint the head white, also.

Looks like an interesting build.
I really like the concept! Perfect placement of the girl! I really think you should paint the headstock white. I saw it and the image is perfect for the ibanez. I can't answer any customization questions, as I dont do that, but I love what you're doing. Have fun!
Quote by fredthecat
Oh, you caught me, I'm just a pseudo-intellectual 7th grader.
Quote by absinthe5765
img dont work.

Sry, works fine now! More comments please! Any ideas for the rest of the guitar's body paiting (horns, rear side)???
wow now when I see it, it's gonna look real nice. get somepne expirienced to paint it.
strat player forever.
That would look awesome. I've always wanted to try to involve anime somehow with my guitar. XD