Page 1 of 3
okay i know i'm gonna get flamed for this...but you guys have no reason to...the boss MT-2 sounds fine for me, distortion pedals really depend on what kind of amp you use and if there's something i'm missing that sucks about it...tell me, because i can't find it
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
i really like mine as well, the only thing is that the high end isn't too fantastic but you can just turn it down
i don't really use the high end...metal is all about bass

actually, when i used it a couple of times through a peavey triple x it got a lot of treble on it
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
It's harsh, cold, and lifeless. It's not versatile at all and sounds the same regardless of what EQ setting you use. There are better pedals out there for the money...I could go on like this.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
1) what amp have you played this through?
2) what other pedals are better?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Quote by dimebag_love
1) what amp have you played this through?
2) what other pedals are better?

Various tube amps for a period of about 45 minutes back when I was going through my "metal phase". Fenders, Marshalls, and Mesa largely, as well as a few other solid states.

If you want something better, check out the Line 6 Ubermetal.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
yea i dont use high end either, and archeo i dont really think there are really any better pedals, i used the digitech death metal and whatever that line 6 metal pedal is and a rocktron metal planet and none of them were even close to as versatile
It sounds sterile and buzzy to me. When you're jammign in your room at practice levels along with your favorite CD, it works fine. When used in a real-world application, that's when it falls apart. Its thin tone just doesn't have the girth to punch through the mix.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
yeah, it sounds like twice as good, also, when you boost it with an EQ pedal
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
i don't know....i recorded using that through my crate head, sending a direct line to the preamp and it just sounded amazing...
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
it is a good pedal for the price, but its a little thin sounding. Still not bad if you have a crappy practice amp or whatever.
Read my post. Not this.
Quote by dimebag_love
i don't know....i recorded using that through my crate head, sending a direct line to the preamp and it just sounded amazing...

Please post said recording...
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

what?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
You said you recorded with the MT2 and it sounded amazing. Please share the recording, as none of us have ever heard the MT2 sounding anything better than ok at best. If you're going to claim your recording sounds amazing, then by all means, share the recording.

I vaguely remember the details, but I seem to associate dimebag_love's username with a thread stating that MGs were pretty good too.

If I'm wrong, by all means correct me, but I have this memory of him saying MGs were good, or at least implying that.

Hell, if he thinks MGs are good, MT-2s are by all means amazing as well.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

Last edited by sg-rocker173 at Aug 15, 2006,
Quote by Crunchmeister
You said you recorded with the MT2 and it sounded amazing. Please share the recording, as none of us have ever heard the MT2 sounding anything better than ok at best. If you're going to claim your recording sounds amazing, then by all means, share the recording.

^
Quote by Archeo Avis
If you want something better, check out the Line 6 Ubermetal.

^ That makes me laugh, its sound is almost the same as a metal zone.
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
Quote by pavel
yea i dont use high end either, and archeo i dont really think there are really any better pedals, i used the digitech death metal and whatever that line 6 metal pedal is and a rocktron metal planet and none of them were even close to as versatile

You don't use high end? Wow.
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster
Gibson SG w/ Bigsby
Ibanez Roadster Bass
Sovtek MiG 60
Marshall 1965B
Maestro Echoplex EP-3
MXR Ten Band EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Ross Phaser
Boss DD-6
^ YaH d00d, M3tla iz bouT bAsS n nutIN elze!!!1

Muh setingz:

Bass 10
Mid 0
Treble 0
Presence 0

I r MeT4L
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

Quote by electrik
Everything.

^Win

Thread over.
what do i use to host the recording? what's like a photobucket for music?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Quote by sg-rocker173

Muh setingz:

Bass 10
Mid 0
Treble 0
Presence 0

I r MeT4L

RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
was that making fun of me or that other guy?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
you can use dmusic.com to host it.
My Gear:
Black ESP LTD EC-1000
Fender MIM Strat
Peavey XXX 40
Boss NS-2
Quote by dimebag_love
was that making fun of me or that other guy?

Ask sg-rocker173, not me
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Man its okay at low volumes, at high volumes its the worst pedal in the world. Im using it untill I get my new half stack.
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
i used tryed about 8 dist pedals at the music shop and the only good one that worked well with most of the amps i tryed it on was the MT-2, its all about opinion anyway -

if u dont like it fine - just fuk off and leave those of us that do like it alone

now the threads over
gear4music indianapolis // Blackstar HT-1R Metal
Quote by sg-rocker173
... I seem to associate dimebag_love's username with a thread stating that MGs were pretty good too.

Yes. He had 2 threads going at the time - one bestowing the virutes of the Marshall MG and the other about how the JCM 800 sucked ass... He later recanted on the JCM thing after trying the amp again with suggested settings.

Sorry dimebag_love. Nothing personal here dude, but those 2 early threads had n00b written all over them. Your constant insistence on these points pretty much ruined any credibility for future posts. And now your proclamation about the MT-2 sounding amazing simply needs to be backed up so.

Check out ACIDplanet or dmusic.com to host your recordings.

okay, no more flaming about the marshalls...i've already resolved the issues

as for hosting the recording, i'm on the school computer now but when i get home i'll do that and show you how good it sounded...
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Yeah, I won't rag on you about the Marshall threads. LIke I said, I didn't mean to pick at old wounds with my post. Just explaining my previous better.

Reviving this thread as last night has past and still no recording. I'm dying to hear an MT2 that sounds good, particularly a direct recording...

^Same here.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
okay, i'll post it tonight, last night i tried it on dmusic and got like...way too many ads and i'm concerned of getting viruses on my computer so i'm gonna try the other one

and also, tonight, i'm recording in a studio and i guess i'm gonna use my MT-2 through a studio tube amp

but i PROMISE i'll get my direct line recording online when i get home today
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Quote by sg-rocker173

Muh setingz:

Bass 10
Mid 0
Treble 0
Presence 0

I r MeT4L

man i bet that sounds pretty awesome
Actually, I have to say that I did hear an MT-2 recording that sounded good. And it was recorded direct too.

However, the guy had a bunch of parametric and graphic EQs (in software) and used a speaker cabinet model from Guitar Rig. He did a cover from Metallica's ...And Justice For All (can't remember which it was though, was a couple of years ago). With the 8 guitars layers in each side of the mix, he actually almost matched the AJFA tone...

But straight MT2 tone recorded direct, this I have to hear...

BTW, ACIDPlanet only accepts WMA files.

nothing at all.its built like a tank. if you like the sound of it.thats all that matters.
how do i convert my file to a windows media player format?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
mpeg
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Page 1 of 3