I played bass in my school band (im actually a guitar player and i have been playing for almost 3 years, and the band was only like 10 people because it was a private school) and i know all my notes and can play fine. The bass i used at that school was the school's bass and i have recently moved this summer so I need a bass to play in band. So keep in mind that i have played for 1 year. The thing is, my older brother plays drums and i play guitar so my little brother feels left out of the musical world of our lives (which is our lives). So he was looking into playing bass so what kind of bass would be good for myself with 1 year experience and or my little brother, a beginner. The price range is likely going to be inbetween $200-300 CANADIAN ($150-250 american). Any feedback is appreciated, thanks.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
i would suggest getting a Cruiser CSR20 by Crafter. very, very good begginer bass. great tone and plays really well. they sell for around $300 canadian.
Member 3 of Geddy Lee Fan Club. PM timmEH or RIC4003 to join

Member of Bass militia. PM Dinkydaisy to join

Cliff Burton is my idol. R.I.P

MegaBassPlayer's band of the week: Bound For Glory
remember that this is for jazz band and regular band. Also im not into all that hardcore shector **** like most people on UG. Just something classy that sounds nice.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
The Ibanez thing. Better than a Squire, and gives your brother an opportunity to get his feet wet and will still work good for you.