Right.

Up to now iv been using my digitech gnx 1 pedal straight into the mic input on my soundcard for all my guitar recording (examples of which can be heard thru the link in my sig.) Although it does have some quite good sounds on it most of them just sound too fake. Seeing as my band will be starting to do some recording through my pc i want to get a better recording device and i thought about getting a Line6 GuitarPort.

Does anyone know if these work as a selectable audio input on Cakewalk Sonar? Or would i have to buy the RiffTracker software and all that bollocks. Would be a bit of a faff on as i do all my sequencing of other parts in Sonar.

Another option available to me is possibly buying a better Fx Pedal and running that straight into my soundcard, anyone know about the difference in quality between a GuitarPort for recording and an FX pedal into a mic input?

Cheers
Chad
Well one suggestion right of the bat is that if you were going to get a better recording device especialy for the band I would get the line 6 tone port. You can do bass, vocals, and guitar. Plus its like only 30 bucks more and you can still get all the cool sounds from guitar port and even more. Secondly I have never used Cakewalk Sonar but as long as you can select your input device then you can record with Toneport/Guitarport.

Oh also anything that is going directly into your sound card is probably going to sound really bad. The Tone/Guitar port uses USB so it is going to sound better than almost anything going right into the sound card.
Last edited by Johnnyboy102 at Aug 15, 2006,
Thanks for that man.

The TonePort actually looks like a really good shout. Gone have a little look around at my finances maybe but that looks like something that would suit me perfectly.

The recording sound i can get at the moment from mic input isnt actually that bad. You'd expect it to be terrible but it actually works surprisingly well.
Quote by nagirrab
The TonePort actually looks like a really good shout. Gone have a little look around at my finances maybe but that looks like something that would suit me perfectly.

UX2>UX1 for multi-recording.

Quote by nagirrab
The recording sound i can get at the moment from mic input isnt actually that bad. You'd expect it to be terrible but it actually works surprisingly well.

It does sound pretty good, but an audio interface will kick the sh*te out of it in every way, appart from the costs.

Also, I think that some of the Line6 multiFX have a special feature of having a USB compatibility. I rember seeing one that you connect via a small plug on the back, it was a great hige thing with 2 footpedals on it... cost about £300 i think, but it might be better for you if you are also upgrading your multiFX.

have a feeling that it might be an add on for a POD or something though (probs wrong).

Ash
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH