cut your heart out with a pocket knife, and take a picture of it, and sell it on ebay.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
lol. Dumb people crack me up . Cmon man you're not a blues player until you've sold your soul to the devil. So what are you doing here?

... it's a story, it's not true.
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
just ask your local priest type guy. they know. even if they won't tell you at first. just be persistent.
<NHBoy> I broke my G-string while fingering a minor
<rycool> ...

Quote by cheames
you appear to have sigged on of my drunken posts
Bring your guitar down to your local crossroads, where a murderer should be buried. Lay the dead crow that you're supposed to have with you across the grave, and the Devil should appear. Then you give him your guitar and ask him to tune it for you. He'll give it back and you'll be the greatest ever.

Wow. I've never mixed Irish folklore with Robert Johnson before... it's a veritable cocktail of mythical fun!
Peace, peace, and that's my piece.

Just another pale, skinny, noiserawkin' indie boy with tousled hair

Last.fm
buy the film crossroads.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
phycologicaly speaking, the inner/hidden meaning of the story is that you must forgo all other activities other then playing guitar inorder to become a good player.

the "soul", is a combination of all the things we do and say which make the person that we choose to be.
Keeping that psychological primis in mind, we can then see that the "Devil" is a representation of the fact that it would be bad, perhaps the worst possible thing to stop doing other daily activities and strickley focus on your guitar playing because it would consume your intire life, or your "soul".

the act of selling your soul is simply you making the concious deceasion to forgo all other activites besides your guitar playing.

(I.E. the Devil is the worst or most evil possible representation in the african amercian christian shaped culture which the story draws its roots from.)

-Songbird
Uh.... I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy.... heres the guys number: 555-5555.

Pffft.... you crack-a me up.
"Isn't it amazing anything's accomplished
When the little sensation gets in your way
Not one ambition whisperin' over your shoulder
Isn't it amazing you can do anything " - Gord Downie

From the song " Fireworks"
Well, most people would bring their guitar down to the crossroads, but there's got to be another way because Jim Morrison didn't play guitar. On The Simpsons, Bart wrote "Bart's Soul" on a piece of paper and sold it to Milhouse for $5. Let's combine the two. Write the possesive form of your name with the word soul on a piece of paper, bring your guitar to the crossroads and when Satan comes let him play a song on your guitar and give him the pice of paper.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Quote by Etni3s
just ask your local priest type guy. they know. even if they won't tell you at first. just be persistent.

Can you imagine actually saying that to a Priest/Vicar/Reverend/Paid up member of the God Squad? HILARIOUS.

Quote by rocknroll blues
Bring your guitar down to your local crossroads, where a murderer should be buried. Lay the dead crow that you're supposed to have with you across the grave, and the Devil should appear. Then you give him your guitar and ask him to tune it for you. He'll give it back and you'll be the greatest ever.

Wow. I've never mixed Irish folklore with Robert Johnson before... it's a veritable cocktail of mythical fun!

In both British and African folklore, the Crossroads held a similar status. In Britain back in the day, they used to bury the bodies of murders/rapists/prostitutes/other ungodly folk, as they were away from the town. In African tradtion, the Crossroads were where Devils hung out.
Encore God & Asomodai- UG JHS Brotherhood

Encore God: fighting UG Zeppelin-centrism since 2002.