Page 1 of 2
i just joined a new band and these guys want me on bass and they play hardcore.. im usually on guitar but i said ok to the bass i want to try it out.. does any one know of any good hardcore bands with good bassists and good basslines.. i know alot of good bassists but none of them are actually hardcore id like to find atleast one. lol.. help me out.
define hardcore. Like metallica? or project 86? I'd say a good bassist is steven dail from project 86...and mark klepasky from breaking benjamin.
Well. even though the band isnt "hardcore" this bassist is one of the best around. It's Frédéric Leclercq. from Dragonforce.
thanks. and to the other guys about dragonforce and metallica and waht not lol i kno their bassists are tight.. also sublime, streetlight manifesto, rancid and anti-falg and a ton of other punk bands have really good bassist but i need to hardcore bass influence.
I think it depends on what kind of style you're looking for
If you want just straight up hardcore try Comeback Kid or Bane bass lines
You want more technical stuff, I say give Between the Buried and Me and The Red Chord a listen
It really depends on what you want, or better yet the style the band you're gonna play with is gonna sound like
woah just gave comeback kid a listen these guys are really good might turn out to be one of my favorite bands.
yeah comeback kid is a good band
they are more along the lines of real hardcore
Definetley Between The Buried and Me. Also Fear Before, Dillinger Escape Plan, From Autmn To Ashes (even if they aren't "real' hardcore), Glassjaw (same deal as FATA), actually the bassist from It Dies Today has some awesome lead lines once and a while.

Quote by SchecterC-1+Man
define hardcore. Like metallica? or project 86? I'd say a good bassist is steven dail from project 86...and mark klepasky from breaking benjamin.

Metallica is metal, see the connection >>Metallica.

Breaking Benjamin is far from hardcore.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by SchecterC-1+Man

It's kinda easy because we're in the Hardcore forum.

I wish people would stop clicking on that thing on the front page which shows new topics, it always brings the silliest replys.
Hardcore doesn't really have that many complicated basslines. just write your own, it's not hard to impress non-musicians if you know anything about music, and can play really fast.
Quote by Craigo
Whats your influences?

Moi?

If you were referring to me, I play bass in a metalcore band. And as far as my bass playing influences go, I always preferred the basslines in (metal/heavy) songs that were more "out going". Adding in fills and runs and what not, as long as they're just not strumming the bass note of the guitar's every power chord, although sometimes it happens.

Bands like: Quo Vadis, The Great Redneck Hope(sometimes), Necrophagist

Technical is always fun.
yo zerotrig check out Avenged sevenfold and strapping young lad. Strapping young lad is more metal but they still have some crazy bass their both good though
oh and arsis
Nobodys a virgin cuz the government fucks us all
checkout Avenged sevenfold and strapping young lad oh and arsis
Nobodys a virgin cuz the government fucks us all
Dillinger Escape Plan, Between The Buried And Me, Converge and The Red Chord all have really good bassists.
try all shall perish, for some reason i cant get over their basslines...their bassist is somewhat original, he has his generic stuff but who doesnt?
Originally posted by thestrumbum
the scream is so powerfull. my balls started two steppin.
The BTBAM bassist plays some very interesting lines that dont just stick to the guitar parts. The black dahlia murder's bassist plays some awesome stuff too.

Also check out a band called Beneath the massacre, they have amazing instrumentals. kind of like the necrophagist of hardcore.
Orange Rockerverb 100 + Orange PPC412
Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Fender Road Worn Player's Telecaster
Listen to some older hardcore bassists, too. The more influences, the better.

Chuck Dukowski - Black Flag
Earl Liberty - Saccharine Trust
Mike Watt - Minutemen
Chris Gates - The Big Boys
David "Tufty" Clough - The Zero Boys
if you count thrice...their bassist is insane....ok every member of thrice is basically the best at what they do
Originally posted by thestrumbum
the scream is so powerfull. my balls started two steppin.
Quote by hXcMacbeth3
if you count thrice...their bassist is insane....ok every member of thrice is basically the best at what they do

I wouldn't say the best, but they are amazing.
i love hardcore, but i am yet to hear anything good played on bass for hardcore
|_1√3 1|\| yΩ|_|® \/\/®|_D 93+ p\/\/n3d 1|\| 1\/11|\|3

I Love to Drink Bawls!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
The bassist from Quantice Never Crashed.
Taking Back Sunday = Sensitive Hardcore
Im yet to hear an inventive bass line in hardcore. What ive heard is hit one note 8 times, then move a couple of frets repeat. Same with most metalcore. Lamb of god on the other hand. Bassist follows the guitar lines, so its pretty complex.
^As Blood Runs Black, my friend. theyre bassist is awesome. you wouldnt think so but if you pay attention he follows every note the guitarists play and throws in cool tapping riffs and fills and such.
Orange Rockerverb 100 + Orange PPC412
Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Fender Road Worn Player's Telecaster
Im a bassist in a hardcore/metal band and my fav influences are **** like btbam, tteotd, and abrb. but what i like to do is just try and play note for note what guitarists do. thats how you get good my nigga and influences your writing.
mmm mmm bitch
Page 1 of 2