Is there anything more to the custom in terms of hardware quality or anything? If it's nothing more than cosmetic, I'm really not interested in it. Thanks!!!
its all cosmetic.
~Bryan~
~~One Off Custom Strat~~
- 3 piece alder body
- Maple on rosewood 21 fret neck
- '82 Fender pickups

~~'92 Toyota Supra~~

- 1JZ-GTE (TT, front mount intercooler, 15~psi)
- Tuned on 93 octane
- HKS 3" exhaust
i think the custom is apparently supposed to have a little better pickups in it but considering if you bought either you would probably have to upgrade the pickups either way
Gibson LesPaul Standard 1958 Custom Shop
Fender Stratocaster 70s Reissue
Charvel-Jackson Vintage Acoustic
Vox ac30
ya its all just how they look. I just bought a custom 3 weeks ago and id have to say that the extra $100 to get the white with gold hardware was well worth it.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
yea the custom is much better looking but all the same
the peral thing on the headstock is SWEET
but i hear the gold hardware rubs off somehow
i wish i had a custom....
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
I was curious as there's a black one on ebay that ends in less than an hour and is at $255. I'd probably be better off saving $100 or so to get the Standard and using the extra $100 towards a better amp, right?
don't buy a used guitar. especilaly if your only saving 100 to 200 dollars save up and buying it new is a much better feeling than buying it used
Gibson LesPaul Standard 1958 Custom Shop
Fender Stratocaster 70s Reissue
Charvel-Jackson Vintage Acoustic
Vox ac30
custom just has better hardware and just looks better then standard
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
Quote by lespaulkevin
don't buy a used guitar. especilaly if your only saving 100 to 200 dollars save up and buying it new is a much better feeling than buying it used

So, you'd advise buying new at $600 than to get one that may have only been played for a few hours for $300 or so?
Quote by Ignite
Dude, if it's half-off, and in good condition, then heck yeah go for it if. You can get sweet deals on ebay.

That's my point...you find a lot of people who get a guitar like I did a few years ago and you'll find people who will buy a "new" guitar with more demo time on it than I put on mine.