Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
someone does this every 2 days anywho ywngie malmsteen
Gibson LesPaul Standard 1958 Custom Shop
Fender Stratocaster 70s Reissue
Charvel-Jackson Vintage Acoustic
Vox ac30
Slash and Angus. although I love em both people do take them a little far.Kirk Hammet is another one.
The Don of the UG Mafia, PM me to join the family.

General of the Rage Against the Myspace Club, PM me to enlist.

Member #2 of the 'Shut the fuck up and respect other people's music' Club.' PM TheGospelOfRob to join.
ywngie malmsteen, dave gilmour(alothough i like him but i think he's over rated allot of the time)
keep blues alive
Those guys from Avenged Sevenfold, their not bad...but their deffinetly not as good as everyone plays them up to be.
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
Quote by karateguy29
Those guys from Avenged Sevenfold, their not bad...but their deffinetly not as good as everyone plays them up to be.

Agreed
The Don of the UG Mafia, PM me to join the family.

General of the Rage Against the Myspace Club, PM me to enlist.

Member #2 of the 'Shut the fuck up and respect other people's music' Club.' PM TheGospelOfRob to join.
Dimebag.

he did nothing techical that hasnt already been severly owned by Herman Li.

Aye, Dimebag and Kurt Cobain. Both only because theyre dead.
Last edited by richwatkinson at Aug 15, 2006,
err, this is most likely gonna end up in one of noob -bitchfightes again.
like 'the ones with wylde, and the dead dimebag thing
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Quote by richwatkinson
Dimebag.

Idiot. Although i agree that once he died, idiots flocked to his name and treat him as some sort of God by buying those ****ty Dean guitars, hats,etc.
Get ready for the Yngwie Malmsteen flood.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

Quote by J.MitMetallica
YNGWIE FUCKING MALMSTEEN

I'm getting really tired of the Yngwie bashing...
Last edited by eXor at Aug 15, 2006,
Steve Vai is way overrated...he isnt that good...

Dude...yall...just kidding....DUDE PUT THE KNIFE DOWN! I wasnt serious...calm down...breathe...

Haha i think he is amazing. But as someone else said I would have to say the greenday guitarist...It ticks me off when people talk about how much they love greenday and how good they sound...go onto facebook and look for a greenday group thing...it annoys me so much...

But seeing how much I love AC/DC I must say that I dont think angus is overrated. I think the way he moves on stage, the way he dances, breakdances, does that little skip kick maneuver, and plays the guitar is amazing. Ive only been playing about 9 or 10 months and im starting to try to play their solo's...yea because they are easier, but ive never met anyone with the mentallity that he is one of the best gutiarist to ever live. But I think he's damn good, I have enough trouble sitting down and playing, let alone not looking at the fret board
Slash
Angus Young
Dave Navarro
Synester Gates
Herman Li
GEAR:
Washburn x10 "Washy"
Ibanez S470DXQM "Kimberly"
BC Rich NJ strat "Sydney"
Roland Cube 60
Vox V847
Boss OD1
Boss CE2
Digitech Death Metal
Russian Big Muff PI
DOD Deth Metal
Ibanez SM9
Quote by MorbidAngel333
Slash
Angus Young
Dave Navarro
Synester Gates
Herman Li

Navarro's a queer.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

Quote by richwatkinson
Dimebag.

Aye, Dimebag and Kurt Cobain. Both only because theyre dead.

Nothing... Technical?

Dude, you are an IDIOT. I wanna see you write a solo that can have as many fans flock to it to fill stadiums, even before he died!!

I agree with Kurt Cobain but Dimebag? No.

And whichever dumbass saif Hendrix needs to put his guitar down. Now.
Hermen Li, Malmstreen. Kurt Cobain, and Im a fan...
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
herman is amazing technichally. but it doesn't apeal to my earbuds. hahaha who's seen the dragonforce bet you cant play this? look it up on youtube if you haven't , funniest thing ever.

dimebag was great, but if he was still alive he wouldn't be as revered as a guitar hero, sorry guys.

john frusciante or whatever from red hot chili peppers. on the new album he tries too much to be like hendrix. and fails horribly.

although satch is not overrated, he's often overlooked because of vai. lets not forget who taught who
i lost my virginity. can i have yours?

Member #18 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join

One nation, under a fictitious almighty power
You think Billie-joe is over-rated?? He gets constantly ripped to pieces everyday, especially on UG. The general feeling towards him is that he is a **** guitar player, when he's not, and you still think he's over-rated? You guys are fu cked up.

I don't think there are many over-rated guitarists... yet there are many under-rated. The most being Matt Bellamy of Muse. In terms of originality, style and technique, he takes the biscuit in my opinion.
Whos the most over rated guitarist? 99% of the people on this forum who mentioned anybody in this thread. IF you can make a living off of music, you are good, end of story. Quit being so full of your self and jealous of other peoples succsess, and show us how its really done by putting out a platinum CD.

Malmasteen over rated? He sh1ts on every single person on this forum. Hes better than any of us will ever be, shut up and give him props for being so good. (for the record, i dont listen to his music- yet his talent is undeniable)
Last edited by MySweetFracture at Aug 15, 2006,
Yngwie Malmsteen
Wes Borland- (from limp bizkit when i like them everyone tried to tell me how good he was)
Anyone in the Pop-punk or Emo genres of music
Dimebag for the same reasons as alot of you said
Lenny Kravitz!! Gibson put out a signature flying V a few years ago. It may be just a prop.
Synyster Gates..yeah yeah yeah, hes in my name, so some of you are gonna be like WHAAA...hes a pretty good player but hes not as good as a billion people say he is..hes in my top 5 favorite guitarists, but only because i like what he writes....and also herman li, yeah hes fast and can do 8 billion things at a time, but whats the point..it all melts together, just like Yngwie, im not saying either of them are bad, just not that appealing to listen to
Go get your shovel.
Quote by Siciliano
Lenny Kravitz!! Gibson put out a signature flying V a few years ago. It may be just a prop.

Well he has put out some catchy riffs.
-Jimmy Page
Only 'cause im a member of a club
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
Herman Li because he doesn't play as fast live. Synester Gates because he is just plain sloppy.

Malmasteen over rated? He sh1ts on every single person on this forum. Hes better than any of us will ever be, shut up and give him props for being so good. (for the record, i dont listen to his music- yet his talent is undeniable)

Enter Garrett Spencley. Easily has more emotion and more talent for writing GOOD songs.
Overated- Angus Young
Dave Gilmour===EXTREMELY
Underated-Jerry Cantrell
Tony Iommi===He has plastic tips for fingers...he couldnt feel the fretboard.

and the Dime bashing could be avoided because some of us were close to him.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Quote by SynGates7X
Synyster Gates..yeah yeah yeah, hes in my name, so some of you are gonna be like WHAAA...hes a pretty good player but hes not as good as a billion people say he is..hes in my top 5 favorite guitarists, but only because i like what he writes....and also herman li, yeah hes fast and can do 8 billion things at a time, but whats the point..it all melts together, just like Yngwie, im not saying either of them are bad, just not that appealing to listen to

Name of topic is most overated guitarists. Not ones that don't appeal too you.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

Page 1 of 2