alright.. this I realize is going against all the stands for metal, but I'm looking for heavy stuff WITHOUT screaming or growling, just singing, and not singing about stuff like decapitating babies and all that cannibal corpse shit (even if it is kind of a joke like they do it).

Stuff like Avenged Sevenfold (yeah i said it, and yeah i know they aren't metal) if they were instrumental or if they got a real singer (and they weren't all fruity bitches)
Oh yeah and don't say "metal recommendation thread" because they don't go into as much detail as I'm asking.
Quote by Bilzzard_of_Ozz
ASK in the bloody recomendation-thread, dimwit.

Seconded.

Not too heavy, but try Symphony X or Nevermore.
(yeah i said it, and yeah i know they aren't metal) if they were instrumental or if they got a real singer (and they weren't all fruity bitches)

go to hell...i bet matt could take your ass.
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
Avenged Sevenfold is metal...As much as I don't like their singer, you can't go and say they're not a metal band because they're a radio band...They have some decent guitarists. As for your question...I'd say, Machine Head and the old stand-by...Pantera!
OH YEAH! listen to their stuff before waking the fallen, their first CD its crazy
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
Damn this thread is dumb. *unfathomable bo call*
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Quote by BurnMyEyes
Avenged Sevenfold is metal...As much as I don't like their singer, you can't go and say they're not a metal band because they're a radio band...They have some decent guitarists. As for your question...I'd say, Machine Head and the old stand-by...Pantera!

Watch me do it: Avenged Sevenfold are NOT metal. See, I said it, no problem. Oh, and one more thing: THEY'RE NOT METAL, NUMBFUCK!
Then kindly explain to me, intellectually, why they are not a metal band. No need to act like a Blabbermouth poster.
i love metal threads cause they always wind up with a bunch of metal heads swearing at eachother trying to sound hardcore
Quote by GuitarHobbiest
What exactly is a powerchord?

Quote by laid_to_waste
My trouser snake is friendly. If you pet him, he might even do a trick! think I'm going to hell for that one.
You can Try Candlemass , their singer has an amazing voice and he is not singing about decapitating babies . (Epicus , doomicus , metallicus album preferably)
Try Iced Earth (The Dark Saga album preferably)
Try Metal Recomendations Thread Cause :
1) They will give you detailed answers there
2) They will not flame you
3) They will not be disturbed from your thread that has broken a rule.
4)
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by ibanez_rocker
go to hell...i bet matt could take your ass.

In more ways than one.
Quote by Zoso68
i love metal threads cause they always wind up with a bunch of metal heads swearing at eachother trying to sound hardcore

lol. I could go on and on about you classic rockers, but I don't think I will.

Granted, I do like a lot of classic rock, but I don't go into the CR forum and rag on the members there.

Cunt.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
funny grow up

EDIT: to DanRev
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
Last edited by ibanez_rocker at Aug 15, 2006,
Quote by BurnMyEyes

Stupidest post ever.
GEAR:
Washburn x10 "Washy"
Ibanez S470DXQM "Kimberly"
BC Rich NJ strat "Sydney"
Roland Cube 60
Vox V847
Boss OD1
Boss CE2
Digitech Death Metal
Russian Big Muff PI
DOD Deth Metal
Ibanez SM9
Quote by MorbidAngel333
Stupidest post ever.

Well then maybe YOU could explain what makes me wrong? Because they don't scream? Is that it? If they put a metal vocalist in the band there would be no argument over how "metal" they are.
^^^ you live up to your title....

EDIT: AGAIN! to MorbidAngle
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
Quote by BurnMyEyes
Well then maybe YOU could explain what makes me wrong? Because they don't scream? Is that it? If they put a metal vocalist in the band there would be no argument over how "metal" they are.

Because the band is metalcore... a subgenre of metal which conveniently has another location in which to be discussed, and therefore is not welcome in this forum.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Power Metal is your friend.

Now go to The Metal Recommendation Thread because UG'ers do go into detail about artist's, just ask.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
IRON MAIDEN. \m/

Other than that obvious one, the Candlemass and Nevermore suggestions are great. Pick up the new Corrosion of Conformity (In the Arms of God), I've got it playing right now and it's badass.

Other than that, look in the power metal threads.
Quote by ibanez_rocker
^^^ you live up to your title....

EDIT: AGAIN! to MorbidAngle

second stupidest post ever.

BurnMyEyes, your wrong because not only is Avenged Sevenfold a metalcore band, but your making a really dumb argument as to how metal a band is only metal because of screaming. They're not metal because they only use differnet aspects of metal in their sound, thus they are closer to metalcore. It has nothing to do with the vocals or even the fact that their approach to sounding even the slightest bit metal is a watered down, poser-esque attempt or that they use the whole "good old rock and roll woo-hoo Motley Crue/Guns n Roses/Poison/wanker guitarist/makeup wearing fall over drunk-80's revival" theme, which is archaic in its ties to heavy metal music in the first place.
GEAR:
Washburn x10 "Washy"
Ibanez S470DXQM "Kimberly"
BC Rich NJ strat "Sydney"
Roland Cube 60
Vox V847
Boss OD1
Boss CE2
Digitech Death Metal
Russian Big Muff PI
DOD Deth Metal
Ibanez SM9
Quote by ibanez_rocker
funny grow up

EDIT: to DanRev

I am in the process of doing that now.

I've done alot in my growing up process, most importantly stopped following mindless MTV trends.
Lost Horizon
Stratovarius
Angra

And seriously, who cares if this isn't posted in the rec thread???

This is a metal forum for crying out loud, if people don't post about recommendations, what do they post about?

example of a thread:

So I just heard this band called Mastodon, anyone else here like em

post 1: hell yeah kick ass band
post 2: yes
post 3: they suck monkey balls
post 4: meh
post 5: masto who?
etc

Not very interesting is it?

The rec thread is more for quickies whereas there are some questions that can be more specific and would be better answered in a different thread.
I'm entitled to double post, so fück off!!!
Quote by rayIII
alright.. this I realize is going against all the stands for metal, but I'm looking for heavy stuff WITHOUT screaming or growling, just singing, and not singing about stuff like decapitating babies and all that cannibal corpse shit (even if it is kind of a joke like they do it).

Stuff like Avenged Sevenfold (yeah i said it, and yeah i know they aren't metal) if they were instrumental or if they got a real singer (and they weren't all fruity bitches)

Nevermore, Iron Maiden, any power metal.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS