Hi I've been playin about a year and a half and ive decided its time for a new guitar!!
I've played the Ibanez S520EX and I personally found it great to use, all I would have to do is add some EMGs and that would take me up to about £560 but ive recently say the Schecter C-1 FR which has EMGs as standard and looks just as good. It would be about the same price including import from http://www.instrumentpro.com/P-SCHHELLC1FR.html and I was wondering if anyone could offer me addvice on which would better suit my playing. I play mainly Pantera, Iron Maiden. I also play other metal like Unite and Madman is Absolute and ocasionaly punk but i think my old guitar can cover the punk.
Thanks for your time!!
Last edited by Dithindious at Aug 15, 2006,
the hellraiser is what i would say
VOX AD50 VT+crappy "Fender" from COSTCO!=ok tone!
I need a new guitar
dont get the schecter unless you tried it.
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
a lot of people here love schecter. They are great guitars and play great, and when they say it has a lot of sustain they mean it. I actually was thinking about getting a C-1 Classic before I got a few hundred more dollars.

But as I said they are great guitars, but some people like american made and american companies a lot better. A lot of people that work at guitar centers and shops...from my experience anywayz, usually recommend against the schecters. Not because they are bad, but because they arent american made, or an american company...

Go figure, lol. But i liked them and think they are great
Ibanez is good, just Schecter is better. It is true about they are Korean made though, which does suck somewhat.
member #14 of the club! PM Gabel to join

Martha Stewart for UG President '06
Quote by Schecter Gnome
Ibanez is good, just Schecter is better. It is true about they are Korean made though, which does suck somewhat.

yep, but at least they are assembled in california
My Myspace
My Covers
PLEASE WATCH AND COMMMENT

My Gear

Schecter S1 Elite
Line 6 Sypder II 212
Dunlop DB-01 Dime Crybaby From Hell Wah
BOSS PS-5 Super Shifter
BOSS DS-1 Distortion
Schecter is much better than Ibenaz. Even a low end schecter easily beats ibenazes that are a couple hundred dollars more than it.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
^ Dude, your an idiot. Your a tool just like what under your name says.

In this case, the schecter would be a better buy, but dont keep your options so narrow.

An Ibanez RG5ex1 or w/e the new model is comes with active EMGS, and ibanez wizard 2 neck. Alot cheaper than that hellraiser ass well.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
this will end up turning into a war of schecter fan boys vs. ibanez fanboys...me being the schecter fan boy, of course id say the hellraiser....but only becuase i dont like the feel of ibanez's...some people dislike schecters cuz they think they are too thick, but i dislike ibanez because they are too thin
Go get your shovel.
Quote by ClassicAxe
^ Dude, your an idiot. Your a tool just like what under your name says.

In this case, the schecter would be a better buy, but dont keep your options so narrow.

An Ibanez RG5ex1 or w/e the new model is comes with active EMGS, and ibanez wizard 2 neck. Alot cheaper than that hellraiser ass well.

In this case thats correct, though i've played a few ibanez's and wasnt that impressed, I even wasnt impressed with the fabled "RG" the 1570 model or w/e.

But ya, i agree that in this case that the Ibanez would be a better deal.
i dont like scheter just because it looks like theyre trying too hard to look 'sinister' or something. damn straight thats how shallow i am
they are Korean made though, which does suck somewhat.

thats a really stupid thing to say. i live in korea so ive tried out a bunch of korean made guitars. and to be honest, it doesnt matter where its made.
Quote by ClassicAxe

...An Ibanez RG5ex1 or w/e the new model is comes with active EMGS, and ibanez wizard 2 neck. Alot cheaper than that hellraiser ass well.

830$ with an Edge Pro II (Ibanez)

Versus

800$ with an OFR

yeah, WAY cheaper (Schecter)
Esp Ltd EC-400
Wylde Overdrive
Dano Eq
Fab Chorus
Boss Ns-7
Boss Me-50
Jcm 800 (to be replaced soon)

BIG
yeah i would say Schecter, and once again, if you buy an Ibanez (which of course you should ) DONT PUT EMGs IN IT UNLESS IT'S MADE OF MAHONGANY.
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Thanks for tha advice everyone !!
The Ibanez is Mahogony so EMG should (key word there) be fine on it. I can get to sound station in Glasgow at some point which means I could try out the non Floyd Rose one, mainly to see if I like the sound and the neck, which of course I'll do before I chose. I like the thin neck on the Ibanez so I suppose thats and advantage but the fact I already have a set of EMGs on the Schecter equals it cause I won't have to do any work to it. I could fit the EMGs myself but easier if there already there.
Oh and the import brings it up to the same price as the Ibanez with EMGs installed.
Sorry for the repetition of EMG's
Thanks for your time!!
Last edited by Dithindious at Aug 16, 2006,
well ive been seeing alot about just one model schecter(which i do own myself)- the hellraiser. now dont get me wrong its one hell of a badass guitar.but if you think about it, ibanez puts out many guitars of great quality. but to me it matters what sound you want. ibanez is a lighter but more higher pitched sound, while schecter focuses on thick,chunky hardcore tones with their high powered emg's. so it all is up to tone really.

ps steve vai and satriani both rule with an ibanez, and jeff loomis shreds on a hellraiser.so its the style of music