Hi

I just bought this old Carlsbro Cobra 90 BG bass amp and need some help with some of the sockets. I will list them below and if anyone knows what they are for then please let me know.

1 Line Output ? (is this for recording etc)
2 Effects loop (-6dB V) this has two sockets with return and send.
3 Low Gain and High Gain ( these are inputs and I sort of understand how they work)
4 Direct Inject.

1 and 2 are on the back and 3 and 4 are on the front. I am particularly interested how the Effects loop and the Direct Inject work.

Also the knobs are bit crackly. Should I replace them or can this be fixed some how.

Any help would be most appreciated as I would love to hear this beast of an amp at its best. These sockets may be the same as other Carlsbro models.

Thanks

RockinAlfie
1. Line ouput is exactly what it says, very self explanitory it is an output from the bass amp, for headphones or recording.

2. Effects Loop i believe is for a effect that directly goes into the amp, not to sure how they work.

3.Low gain is for Active instruments, High gain is for passive instruments.

4. i have no clue what the direct inject is.. plug your bass in and find out...

I have no experience with that brand of amp, so my best advice is if it is worth it to you go ahead and have the knobs clean and what not and fix it up to where it will be a nice amp...
Member of UG's Mac users club. PM Metalstillsucks if you are wanting in.

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.
Thanks,

Anybody....

I was thinking about the Efects loop. is it so I can have my effects attached to the Amp. ie coming out of send then through a pedal and then back and in to return. What is the advantage of this?

Thanks

RockinAlfie
Direct inject = DI. basically a line out. don't plug your bass into it...

pink chilli: the low and high are the other way around
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
^^^ my bad Indie i wrote that at like 4 am i wasnt thinking much
Member of UG's Mac users club. PM Metalstillsucks if you are wanting in.

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.
1) Line out, invariably from the preamp into another amp/slave amp.
2) Effects loop is for off board effects pedals or rack units via the send and return sockets.
3) Low and High gain inputs for active and passive Basses in that order.
4) DI (direct inject) is the most recognised way of recording Bass as well as going through the sound desk into the PA, the reason is that Bass guitar is difficult to mic up due to the frequencies involved and mainly that many of todays Bass cabs/rigs are multi speaker ie 1x15" + 2/4 x10 + horn, and single 2 & 3 way cabs ie 15+10+horn, a mic cannot cover all of this.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn