Or do punk bands these days sit around and whine about the system whilst doing nothing about it?
Some bands do, alot of them just skateboard though and talk about doing stuff.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
I just wish they'd actually do something about it. If someone could tell me of something punk bands other than the 77 breed have done to change anything, do tell.
the '77 bands didn't do **** but sniff glue.

As cliched as it is to suggest, the Plan-It-X bands do alot of good stuff for their communities and I know that personally everyone in my band volunteers at a community library (well it's kind of an anti-library/teen shelter place where kids can hang out and don't have to get ****ed up), and many many many punks do Food Not Bombs (Knugen Faller was founded at a Food Not Bombs meeting). So there's alot of good stuff punks do, alot of times we just focus on the bad stuff.
Actually the Sex Pistols did a lot for us today Dave. In the UK at least.
Quote by ss311
Actually the Sex Pistols did a lot for us today Dave. In the UK at least.

I don't live in the UK and I don't think they really did anything... oh yeah, they played a benifit for firemen... big ****ing deal. They liked attention and wore bondage pants around little kids and said alot of curse words.

Who cares?
Theytook a stand against that useless Royal famil and made it okay for the prim and proper to go out and complain about it. Anyway I don't want to argue about that...
No one cared about the Royal Family when they were around anyways... it was a time of economic stagnation and whatnot, everyone was more pissed off at the government.

I live in America, we said **** you to the Royal Family a long ass time ago!
So everything today would be the same without the Pistols?

Anyway...

What about us compiling a list of punk protests and groups who are active today and another for the 90s, 80s, and 70s. Ones who would have helped society and not just sung about what's wrong?
Quote by llanafreak44
uh has anyone heard of GG alin? (probably spelled wrong)

I hope your not gonna say he did somethign important.
GG was real important, H3 d!d teh faeces n00b! faece punk is an awesome genre
Quote by LastCaress88

the only noble thing he did was try and bring back the toothbrush moustache...

That is really ****ing noble... we shouldn't let hitler take an awesome hairstyle away from us!

Bring back the Hitler 'Stash!
Quote by LastCaress88

oh noble? no way he just did everything he said he would =)
Where can I get them?

On a side note, does anyone want to compile a list of active punks and a description of each?
is it just me or are there A MILLION THREADS LIKE THIS!

Go watch Talladega Nights, it rules.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.