Page 1 of 2
idk if there is already a Dead Kennedys thread, so if there is this a new one.

they are easily my favorite punk band and also one of my favorite bands period

sooo...idk...lets start off with your favorite song?

California Uber Alles is mine

now let the TRUE punx roll free...
hahaha "let the true punx roll free"

They're a good band,i doubt you'll find many people on this forum that dont like them.
I really enjoy them, listened to Fresh Fruit today...

Use the search button though. I like all the songs I have and actually cannot decide between about all of them
Prince^

My favorite song is either Drug Me, Police Truck, Let's Lynch the Landlord or Chemical Warfare.
"This shit here's called Death"
"What the fuck? You mean I'm gonna hit this shit and die?"
"No Nigga! I said Deaf. You hit this and you aint gonna hear shit!"
i hate not being able to find their cd's anywhere

...and ****ing hot topic had enough balls to be selling a record of Give me Convinience or Give me Death (i think i spelled that wrong...oops)
Dude, they're CD's are everywhere. It's not worth buying them though, go buy a Lost Sounds record or something instead.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Dave likes different things to the rest of us, although his taste is great, you have to listen to the DKs yourself instead of taking his word for it
Quote by the glue man
Yeah seriosuly, they're not hard to find at all. Since Ray took over they sell them at Best Buy and almost every store.

I think their best album is Plastic Surgery Disaster.

I just got that CD last weekend. I like it a lot, but I like FFFRV better.
My favorite song is In-Sight. Reminds me of me. Give Me Convenience Or Give Me Death is my favorite album but I think that they're all good.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
I'm just glad the threadstarter didn't use an apostrophe "s" at the end of Kennedys.

I hate that.
haha yeah.

And did you make that Avatar, Iluvpowerchords?
Quote by JohnnyNapalm
haha yeah.

And did you make that Avatar, Iluvpowerchords?

I had it made for me. All I did was compile the slides, and made a request to have them animated. The Avatar Exchange is really useful on this website.
yeah, but the only good cd/media store where i live went bankrupt, and no-where else has anything good, its all older stuff or really popular crap. I'm surprised that i was actually able to get Flogging Mollys new cd at target, though they're getting around a bit more.
Holiday In Cambodia is my favorite song. Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables is easily one of my favorite CD's ever.
i love plastic surgery disasters.

i love the song government flu a whole lot. and buzzbomb is pretty fricken cool.

im also really really annoyed when people do the apostrophe. dead kennedy's. AGH!
Holiday in Cambodia, Too Drunk To ****, Nazis Punk **** Off, I Fought the Law (I Won), have to be my favorite DK songs.
They're okay. Personally I think they're a bit overrated but that's just my bad taste.
no one said Pull my Strings. That songs owns, to bad Ray sold out. Check out the Jello and the melvins or the Jelvins
Emo isnt real music
I only like Fresh Fruit and Frankenchrist. The latter was so fresh and different. I love Ray's reverb'd out surf guitar he has on that CD.

I've kind of grown out of them though.

I still sing "Soup is Good Food" to myself sometimes though. <_<
#DTWD
I have a memory where my friend and I are sitting on a bench and singing along to Pull My Strings.

Ah, Junior High...
I have a memory of the nation watching tipper gore on telelvision with some weird dude complaining about her.
SIZE]
Quote by primusfan
I only like Fresh Fruit and Frankenchrist. The latter was so fresh and different. I love Ray's reverb'd out surf guitar he has on that CD.

I've kind of grown out of them though.

I still sing "Soup is Good Food" to myself sometimes though. <_<

Frankenchrist is the next CD I plan on buying. I heard it's different from the rest, so it should be interesting.
My favorite song is Moon Over Marin, but I enjoy almost every DK song as much as that one
WHY DON'T YOU CONSULT EROWID FIRST?
Quote by doggy_hat
It's sad how the love drug is corrupted with so much bullshit
Quote by Dead_Kennedys
no one said Pull my Strings. That songs owns, to bad Ray sold out. Check out the Jello and the melvins or the Jelvins

That post makes me want to slap you.

so does your sig.
Quote by live2fight
they are easily my favorite punk band and also one of my favorite bands

They were a New Wave band. They've said it on multiple occasions.
Quote by NickRaciti
They were a New Wave band. They've said it on multiple occasions.

Are you just messing around?
yeah, new wave, it was a new wave then...and is now, that doesn't stop it from being punk, i don't brodcast calling my band punk, it still pretty much is though.
Quote by live2fight
yeah, new wave, it was a new wave then...and is now, that doesn't stop it from being punk, i don't brodcast calling my band punk, it still pretty much is though.

Anyone who calls themselves punk, automatically isn't. It's a rule.
/\ there is an excpetion though - this dumbass at my school asked me (in class, so i couldn't leave) if i was "punk or emo." i gnored him. he asked again. i ignored him (usually people aren't this slow). i gave him a weird look. he asked again. i gave him another look, that to people of even slight intelligence, means "i'm not gonna ****ing talk to you." he asked again. (see? this is getting old isn't it)...i'm not gonna finish this story, cuz i'm get annoyed myself, and you can probably see the end of it yourself.
Quote by live2fight
thank you /\

actaully, no, i take that back - the casualties do it all the time, there are some exceptions, but if its in like a bragging/"look, at me i think i'm cool" kinda way (like avril laven, however you spell that) i hate it!
Quote by NickRaciti
Anyone who calls themselves punk, automatically isn't. It's a rule.

Because we all know that no matter how much of a devotee of punk rock you are saying so nullifies it.

Excuse me but I need to go wash the stupidity and ignorance out of my eyes.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
Last edited by CowsWithGuns at Aug 16, 2006,
Quote by live2fight
actaully, no, i take that back - the casualties do it all the time, there are some exceptions, but if its in like a bragging/"look, at me i think i'm cool" kinda way (like avril laven, however you spell that) i hate it!

And the Casualties don't say it like it's cool and they're bragging? I've never hear Avril call herself punk.
Quote by live2fight
thank the lord for cowswithguns...

Hahahaha This reminds me of when parents try to act cool, and say all the hip lingo all wrong.

It's "Thank God for CowsWithGuns"

duh.
Page 1 of 2